Side by Side riding areas around Edmonton

OldTZracer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wanting to get my wife interested in playing off-road & was thinking about a Prowler or Teryx that we could ride together. I'm new to riding around Edmonton & was wondering if there were any suitable places to ride nearby.

Who are there local ATV clubs that we might find someone to ride with?

tks!

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruce Ranger 1.jpg Stanger Hills ATV Trail 's ; Staging area & Trails.JPG HI Back to you OLDTZracer,
There are/is only two Crown property areas around Edmonton, one is The Redwater Natural Area and the North Bruderheim Natural Area. If you are going to be into the mud riding, then the Bruderheim Area is the one of choise. The Redwater Area is a stay on the trails Area.
One of the oganized clubs in the area is the Lac Ste. Anne ATV Club out of Alberta Beach, (Their Web Site is Down at this time ???) They have aquired the use of an area West of Alberta Beach referred to as The Stanger Hills Trails. The staging area is East of Highway 757 at TWP RD 550. Not exactley in the Edmonton area but Sooo Close.
Now to your choise of UTV/SXS, make sure that the width of the machine is not any (total) Wider than 65". (SomeTrail Systems Max entry).

Bruce

K B4 Y G. Never Enough Room.

Attachments

• Hunting N0V 2012.jpg
    Hunting N0V 2012.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it also largely depends on what you consider "near by". Within two hours of Edmonton, there's a few places like Vega, Long Island Lake, the Iron Horse Trail, Bellis Natural Area, Brazeau Damn, Stranger Hills, Bruderheim, and a small area North West of Lilly lake.

In addition to the Lac Ste Anne ATV club there's an up and coming club called the Overlanders. Be sure to check out one of these clubs (as long as you check out teh Lac Ste Anne club first. ;) )

Nozzleweed

Reaction score
New to the area as well and wondering the same thing. I did do some research on the forum and there is some info on here for local riding areas. Would love some GPS waypoints to just program and go. Also found that getting to the riding area and finding a place to camp might be a little interesting. I dont know where suitable places are to set up once you get there.
BTW Teryx all the way. All around better machine IMO and your resale will be better than Prowler. Actually best way to decide is take them both for a test ride. That will let you know what suits you. Sorry got some of the Kawi green blood in my veins moving on that. LOL.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What GPS and Software Are you using.

Sent from MY laptop Computer, using the hit and hunt method.

Bruce.

Top Bottom