Sicamous "Cabin Days" (Queest and Blue)

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Hello Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club Members

We hope you all had a good summer and your gearing up for the winter sledding season.

The Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club is planing two work bee weekends to do minor repairs and gather wood for the Queest and Blue Lake cabins this September.
We are in need of lot's of extra hands to help cut and stack fire wood, clean up inside and outside the cabin area and do repairs.

Queest work day will be on September 15 and we will all meet at the staging area at TFL 1800 forestry road at 8:00am.

Blue Lake will be scheduled for September 29 and will be meeting at the Yard Creek staging area at 8:00 am.

Of course you will need some form of transportation to get yourselves up the mountain like a quad, or you can email us and we will see if some of the other members have 2 up seats on their quads or a extra seat in a side by side.

For those who want to head up later than the 8:00am departure may do so at their leisure but please let us know.
The Club will be supplying lunch and non alcoholic beverages, please let us know how many is in your party so we have enough food.

All and All it will be a fun filled day for the members to come out and help the club look after their cabins.
We had a great time last year with an excellent turn out so please join us this year.
Owlhead work bee will be scheduled in December due to the limited access buy quads in the summer months.

RSVP to Gord Bushell
250 836-3906 or this email eaglevalleysc@gmail.com

Thank You
EAGLE VALLEY SNOWMOBILE CLUB
SICAMOUS, BC.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club Members

We hope you all had a good summer and your gearing up for the winter sledding season.

The Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club is planing two work bee weekends to do minor repairs and gather wood for the Queest and Blue Lake cabins this September.
We are in need of lot's of extra hands to help cut and stack fire wood, clean up inside and outside the cabin area and do repairs.

Queest work day will be on September 15 and we will all meet at the staging area at TFL 1800 forestry road at 8:00am.

Blue Lake will be scheduled for September 29 and will be meeting at the Yard Creek staging area at 8:00 am.

Of course you will need some form of transportation to get yourselves up the mountain like a quad, or you can email us and we will see if some of the other members have 2 up seats on their quads or a extra seat in a side by side.

For those who want to head up later than the 8:00am departure may do so at their leisure but please let us know.
The Club will be supplying lunch and non alcoholic beverages, please let us know how many is in your party so we have enough food.

All and All it will be a fun filled day for the members to come out and help the club look after their cabins.
We had a great time last year with an excellent turn out so please join us this year.
Owlhead work bee will be scheduled in December due to the limited access buy quads in the summer months.

RSVP to Gord Bushell
250 836-3906 or this email eaglevalleysc@gmail.com

Thank You
EAGLE VALLEY SNOWMOBILE CLUB
SICAMOUS, BC.

When out sledding with Rene last year , he say that a cabine was getting build in Eagles this summer ??

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Still waiting on approvals for a cabin up in Eagle Pass. Highways is developing a new parking area at the trail head of Eagle Pass this week!

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Still waiting on approvals for a cabin up in Eagle Pass. Highways is developing a new parking area at the trail head of Eagle Pass this week!

Lame.... Keep Eagles what it is, Extreme riding for experienced riders. I sure miss what Eagles used to be, 15+ years ago it was a few hardcore locals that met in there almost every weekend and pioneered the area. You know who you are, and man I miss those days.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lame.... Keep Eagles what it is, Extreme riding for experienced riders. I sure miss what Eagles used to be, 15+ years ago it was a few hardcore locals that met in there almost every weekend and pioneered the area. You know who you are, and man I miss those days.

Do you miss riding the sleds from 15 years ago as well?

Technology has advanced and made average riders good riders and good riders great riders.

If everything goes as planned we should see ya's after we get off the lake Saturday!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for you to pioneer a new area

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been in there with very close to beginners and the guides do almost on the daily I'd imagine. A cabin would do nothing but improve it IMO. At gas can corner maybe? You know how vast it is. You'll still find fresh.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we decided to load the bikes up and help at the Queest Cabin last weekend. It was well worth it to spend a day helping out. Even took a little bit of the afternoon to do some summer scouting and trail maintenance. :)

SAM_0455_zps464118e7.jpg

SAM_0460_zps3a328199.jpg

SAM_0465_zps233dd9ec.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job.

Whats it like to bike there ??? Is it as good as sleding ??

sent from my htc

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job.

Whats it like to bike there ??? Is it as good as sleding ??

sent from my htc

Biking is actually great. We hadn't taken the bikes up during the summer before. Too busy spending time on the Lake. You can just about ride to Revy. If rivers are low enough find crossings. I would take the bikes back for sure.

Willy - I would have to compare it to the Norns range. It doesn't have the vast dropoff along the ridge and not as many shutes, but the terrain is excellent, both for beginners and experts, covering several valleys, peaks, rolling hills, lakes and so on.

Its funny, I see lots of beaking from you, but never any proof that you ride. I ride Nelson/Castlegar area several times every winter. Its a great area, have lots of family and friends out there. Much better than the family rides into Grizzly.

Thankfully this thread and posts were about helping people though and assisting the clubs we choose to be apart of and put effort into so that others can enjoy those riding areas. Please, never choose to ride there. We won't be disapointed. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom