Show off your kids and fur-babies!

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here's more pics our new little fur baby and hopefully future agility champ, "Thumper". He is growing like a weed! But not expecting him to grow bigger than about 21" tall and 45 lbs. Nice size dog, incredibly smart and TONS of energy! @ 9 weeks old he's already responding to some basic commands and his name, already walking on and off leash and naturally heels beside us. Crate trained, paper trained but not fully house trained yet :). Plays fetch really well too! S&MJamboree 038.jpg S&MJamboree 040.jpg S&MJamboree 044.jpg S&MJamboree 051.jpg S&MJamboree 050.jpg S&MJamboree 049.jpg

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we bought an acerage and decided that we needed another big dog around. We picked this cutie up last week. Her name is KILO she is a Great pyranese/lab/border collie cross. Shes about 9 weeks now. 22lbs already!! 1. Kilo meeting hondagurls Buddy for the first time pretty cute :) And the rest are Kilo around the new farm :) kilo2FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg kilo3FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg kilo4FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg kilo FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a sweetheart! She's gonna be a big girl! 22lbs already!! Our little guy is half border collie as well. I hear the Pyranese make excellent acreage watch dogs. Very docile and excellent with children!

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Urs is adorable as well LadyD!! Is he going to keep his blue eyes?? Border Collies are one of my favs!! They are really smart dogs that's why I picked her. There was another litter that had pups ready that I looked at first, same mix but without the collie so I picked her instead. She's super gentle and loving already. And doesn't take to much chit from her big brothers either!! We love her :)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aww yes puppies give such a warm tingly feeling in your heart. Although they look blue, and were blue when he was born, they are actually a blueish/green now and will likely turn yellow. His purebred Kelpie dad had light yellow eyes, and his border collie mom had brown. I love his eyes and wish they would stay that beautiful color but likely won't lol. His yellow eyes will be beautiful though, too.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. He looks like he had good friends while he was here, not everyone lets their 100# dog on the leather couch. He looks like a gentle soul.

132lbs at his last check up to be exact, a huge dog who always wanted to be a lap dog, a big fan of the puppy pile, he never really grew up, a big goof. We bought the leather couch just so he could lay on it, the previous one was fabric and his drool didnt go so well with it.

Thanks for you thoughts.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous Shibas! I really wanted to add a 2nd Shiba to our family, but @ $1500 for a Shiba puppy just couldn't do it, and the older female we tried out didn't work out for us, she was so timid and terrifed of my boyfriend. They are lovely and extremely smart/well behaved dogs though, my Shiba is turning 6 this year and he's been an excellent dog! Aside from walks around the neighborhood or running around the dog park occasionally, he pretty much just loves lounging around in certain places around the house, likes to cuddle and watch movies, sleep with us in the bed, or sunbath on the deck lol. He doesn't much care for the new puppy we got yet, the puppy is too hyper for his liking, but he's learning to tolerate him better and puppy is learning to avoid Cash as much as possible lol.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S&MJamboree 045.jpg

Here is a pic of Cash sharing his bed with the puppy momentarily... wasn't too pleased and eventually vacated and found somewhere else to lie down lol

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one on the right, Apollo, we got from Hillsdale, Nikko, on the left, we got this spring, a rescue of sorts; the couple that originally had him, the wife got sick and passed away over the winter and he worked camp jobs, so he couldn't spend the time needed with Nikko. He's still adjusting to some extent. They get along great, they have had a couple run ins, but nothing major. Think they would be lost without each other.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cash came from Hillsdale too. "Hillsdale Walk The Line". He has sired a litter or two there, and I got him when he was 2. Maureen is a wonderful and incredibly intelligent woman when it comes to dogs. She helps me immensely with our new Kelpie/Border collie pup Thumper, she is my on-call puppy nurse lol. I get a long with her quite well, and she handed me a 3 year old female she was breeding named Penny "Hillsdale Heaven Cent", I sort of "borrowed" her for a bit to see if she would get a long with Cash, which she did, but she did not get a long with my boyfriend so she went back. When Cash goes though I will likely no doubt get another Shiba. I am in love with this breed. Shibas do tend to take some time adjusting to new companions, but they look like a great couple!

Top Bottom