Shoulda' been there!!!!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Showtime, you camp at the provincial park?

Yup, kind of a last minute thing so couldn't get reservations with services so a bunch of my family pulled all their units out on Tuesday to reserve some of the first come first serve sites. I think we are site #199, damn near at Wab, i can see the highway from our trailer. TG are you going out? I'm really contemplating pulling the boat out if the weather doesn't shape up.:mad:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is better entertainment than the launch at Sicamous on a Friday when most of the houseboats come in. Steeper launch, a little bit of a current and a bunch of idiots who have no idea on what they are doing. Boat value also appears to be inversely propertional to launching expertise!

Funny (proud) story. We were just at Vernon for two weeks and stayed at a friends place and had to use the launch at PaddleWheel Park. It was a 25 minute drive from the place, and the boat was acting up that day so my wife didn't want to drive it - she said that she would take truck and trailer there and I was to take the boat. Good thing as the boat stopped twice. If I kept it in gear it was all good, but putting it into neutral (bad selenoid on tranny) would kill it.

Anyway - I get a call from her when I am 5 minutes away. Like 12 rigs in line - and crazy around the ramp. I tell her that I am worried to turn the boat off so this is going to have to be a slick load. As she is waiting in line a couple of the "ramp studs" come up to her and ask if she needs help. One is being particularily obnoxious (staring down the bkini top, etc.) and she is ready to smack him. Also my 2 and 4 yr. old are in the back of truck getting on her nerves and not helping the situation. Anyway - boats studs take about 15 minutes to get their wakeboard boat on the trailer - can't back up, etc. Obnoxious boy comes over to my wife - ("honey - are you sure you don't need a little help?) - just as she is getting ready to pull around and back up. At this point I am doing slow circles afraid to shut the boat down. And it is getting dark...

Anyhow - from what I understand she gives boat stud the withering look and flips the keys over to my 11 year old daughter. (Farm girl - has been driving the truck and trailer all summer haying with her grandfather). Ali pulls the truck up to the ramp and backs in in one shot. I had seen the trailer back in - so I was idling already and hit the trailer almost before Ali hit the brakes on the truck. Boat goes on, and I shut her off - jump out to put strap on. Once she is on tight - I yell to pull out and jump on the trailer neck. Once the truck stops in the parking area - I am mildly surprised to see the wife standing on the side. Just think she got someone else to back it - it being dark I couldn't really see in the truck) Even a little more shocked to see daughter stepping out of drivers side of truck. But put on straps, quick wipedown and we are off. Whole job start to finish 5 about.

Wifey tells me later that her comeback to boat stud was "No challenge on this ramp. Would have let the 4yr. old give it a go - but his feet are too short to reach the gas".

Apex162

Reaction score
I have always said if you want cheap entertainment, go to the local boat launch on a 30 + deg. day and LOL.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hey Barefooter, did you get a ride with Rene in the "Miami Vice" (Mojo) boat while it was in Sicamous?

This 1150hp machine will hit speeds up to 120 mph. Marine Technology is at the top of the game when it comes to pleasure and race boats. This 39ft MTI is equipped to the max with the Mercury Racing package including #6 drives, bonded hull and deck, custom exhaust, electronics GPS package, cockpit cover, stereo CD, DVD with rear seat entertainment, carbon trim package and lots more. This boat has extremely low hours basically from the filming of the movie.

Attachments

• 1309-miami-vice-movie-boat-1.jpg
    1309-miami-vice-movie-boat-1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 1309-miami-vice-movie-boat-3.jpg
    1309-miami-vice-movie-boat-3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 67

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This 1150hp machine will hit speeds up to 120 mph. Marine Technology is at the top of the game when it comes to pleasure and race boats. This 39ft MTI is equipped to the max with the Mercury Racing package including #6 drives, bonded hull and deck, custom exhaust, electronics GPS package, cockpit cover, stereo CD, DVD with rear seat entertainment, carbon trim package and lots more. This boat has extremely low hours basically from the filming of the movie.[/QUOTE]

Does it come in blue????

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This 1150hp machine will hit speeds up to 120 mph. Marine Technology is at the top of the game when it comes to pleasure and race boats. This 39ft MTI is equipped to the max with the Mercury Racing package including #6 drives, bonded hull and deck, custom exhaust, electronics GPS package, cockpit cover, stereo CD, DVD with rear seat entertainment, carbon trim package and lots more. This boat has extremely low hours basically from the filming of the movie.

Does it come in blue????[/QUOTE]I about spit coffee on my 'puter.....:rollinglaugh:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, kind of a last minute thing so couldn't get reservations with services so a bunch of my family pulled all their units out on Tuesday to reserve some of the first come first serve sites. I think we are site #199, damn near at Wab, i can see the highway from our trailer. TG are you going out? I'm really contemplating pulling the boat out if the weather doesn't shape up.:mad:

no not this weekend, I think I'm done camping for this year. I was out there earlier this year with a group of people I used to work with, and it was good times.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barefooter, did you get a ride with Rene in the "Miami Vice" (Mojo) boat while it was in Sicamous?

Don't tell me that fugger got a ride on that boat!! I would kill for a chance. I bet that thing doesn't plane until 50mph

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep...Twice as I hear it from Ray...actually Ray hooked on and launched it with his truck...weighed so much it nearly dragged the truck in with it..lo....
Guess they had it running at about 100MPH...suppose to be a real "Girl Catcher".

Belongs to a gentelman from Drayton Valley..I hear.
Don't tell me that fugger got a ride on that boat!! I would kill for a chance. I bet that thing doesn't plane until 50mph

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holy cow that thing is sweet. I've spent alot of time on the Swaps over the years and have never seen this one but did get close to a boat called "Viperized" it has two viper engines in it, fast and loud...can't beat the sound of big displacemnt rippin across the lake. This might sound stupid but is the boat on a hydralic carrier to tilt it to make it narrower so it is legal to pull down the higway?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ray (my buddy) is a darn calm guy but when he called me about this I thought I was gonna have to have him hospitalized to calm down. He said it takes roughly $1800.00 fuel and they burned about $700.00 running full throttle for 4 hours. Would be "VERY KOOL" to get a ride in it.

Holy cow that thing is sweet. I've spent alot of time on the Swaps over the years and have never seen this one but did get close to a boat called "Viperized" it has two viper engines in it, fast and loud...can't beat the sound of big displacemnt rippin across the lake. This might sound stupid but is the boat on a hydralic carrier to tilt it to make it narrower so it is legal to pull down the higway?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Your correct there...I saw the big Bud racer in the states a few years ago and they haul the same way.
Foot Note: Boat comes with a matching Hummer...it's for looks only as it won't even begin to pull it. Tractor unit is required.

This might sound stupid but is the boat on a hydralic carrier to tilt it to make it narrower so it is legal to pull down the higway?

Top Bottom