Shoulda' been there!!!!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just when i thought i've seen it all!!!!!! This past Saturday i took the family to Wabamun Lake for a day of fun in the sun, after about 5 hours everyone was ready to go home so i tied the BU in a boat slip and was heading down the dock to get the SUV when this dude was trying to load a 4 seater, supercharged sea-doo in the back of i'm guessing a 99 Chev ext. cab short box...this is where it gets good......he backed the truck into the lake so he buddy could ride the sea-doo right into the truck box with zero lifting. You have to think where the water level must be, well i can tell you that when he jumped out of the cab to assist his buddy i didn't see the brake peddle as it was completely submerged. Then he ever so elegantly jumped backed in the truck and pulled out about 50 feet stopped and opened all the doors, the water poured out, no i mean gushed out, he had to pick up a running shoe off the ground as it flowed out with the water from the back seat. WHAT AN IDIOT, I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!! Not to mention the amount of people standing around laughing with tears in their eyes at this guy, this sea-doo was just tedering in that little short bed with that large machine..DOE head.

Pics, sorry never got any, batteries were dead which i found out trying to take a pic of a MILF with fake boobs for my perverted followers out their. I'm headed to Wab again for the long week-end so i'll be sure the batteries are fresh as i'm sure the girls will be out in full force with this being the last long week-end.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sunday at wab, with one truck ahead of me in the line to pull the boat out, i waited 45 minutes for the two ahead of us seasoned boaters to pull there boats out. even offered to help, as it should take no longer then 2 minutes.
then while running from the truck to the dock to grab the boat to load it, my wife climbs into the truck so she can pull it out once i get the trailer on, and some old bag in a white dodge diesel starts backing her truck and trailer in front of my truck. my wife made me proud, honked the horn and gave her the ol salute!!!!thatta girl.

there is a guy who has the same boat as mine but blue with less options, swam from the dock to the ramp pushing his boat, like buy a kayak if you want to be silly!!! and don;t do that, like what kind of smart person does that, he must not want to live long, swimming around a pile of boats that are running??

almost forgot, walking back from the cafe in the town of wub to the town docks where my boat was, and some guy with a red glastron, and about a 04/05 lincoln navigator that is black with blue ghost flames and some black rims if he needed a hand, as he was in the boat, trying to get it on a trailer that the taillights were barely in the water. well i asked him if he could use a hand, as his wife was trying to winch this 18 footer in, she rudely replied no that she had it under control. obviously!!!

part that worries me, these people are out on the lake towing people, ripping around, with no idea, how to protect their own fallen people in the water, and total lack of respect for others, or what to even look for, like a life jacket of a fallen person in the water.

I think that I will open a school of how to launch and load a boat. i don't even use my winch, EVER. dip the trailer so the bunks are wet, pull ahead a bit, and drive er right on till she touches the roller, then clip, and then out the water she goes!!!!

I used to load my 33 footer in less time then it takes these people to load a zodiak, like come on. I can load my dads 2003 farmula that is like 42 feet overall, with twin 454s in under 4 minutes, by driving it onto the trailer (and that trailer is long!!!), like what be the prolem with these people.

and these people backing dosn the ramp,geesh!!!! and then they drive down the highway???

sorry about the rant!!it may contain some opinions, and if you were the people i just ranted about, i am sorry!! but i have been boating for a long time, swallow your pride, i just want to help, not embarras you, then you can pass it along, pay it forward.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree, see it all the time too. Me, I became an expert right away because that looks better than being an idiot. Now with my boat on a lift at Pigeon I'm always driving onto the bunks to park between runs, exactly the same as loading on a trailer...not difficult...plus I do it with the motor most of the way out do the water so she swings fast...Yep, lots of interesting drivers on the water...HEY, why didn't that boaters test cover off putting the boat in the water?

sunday at wab, with one truck ahead of me in the line to pull the boat out, i waited 45 minutes for the two ahead of us seasoned boaters to pull there boats out. even offered to help, as it should take no longer then 2 minutes.
then while running from the truck to the dock to grab the boat to load it, my wife climbs into the truck so she can pull it out once i get the trailer on, and some old bag in a white dodge diesel starts backing her truck and trailer in front of my truck. my wife made me proud, honked the horn and gave her the ol salute!!!!thatta girl.

there is a guy who has the same boat as mine but blue with less options, swam from the dock to the ramp pushing his boat, like buy a kayak if you want to be silly!!! and don;t do that, like what kind of smart person does that, he must not want to live long, swimming around a pile of boats that are running??

almost forgot, walking back from the cafe in the town of wub to the town docks where my boat was, and some guy with a red glastron, and about a 04/05 lincoln navigator that is black with blue ghost flames and some black rims if he needed a hand, as he was in the boat, trying to get it on a trailer that the taillights were barely in the water. well i asked him if he could use a hand, as his wife was trying to winch this 18 footer in, she rudely replied no that she had it under control. obviously!!!

part that worries me, these people are out on the lake towing people, ripping around, with no idea, how to protect their own fallen people in the water, and total lack of respect for others, or what to even look for, like a life jacket of a fallen person in the water.

I think that I will open a school of how to launch and load a boat. i don't even use my winch, EVER. dip the trailer so the bunks are wet, pull ahead a bit, and drive er right on till she touches the roller, then clip, and then out the water she goes!!!!

I used to load my 33 footer in less time then it takes these people to load a zodiak, like come on. I can load my dads 2003 farmula that is like 42 feet overall, with twin 454s in under 4 minutes, by driving it onto the trailer (and that trailer is long!!!), like what be the prolem with these people.

and these people backing dosn the ramp,geesh!!!! and then they drive down the highway???

sorry about the rant!!it may contain some opinions, and if you were the people i just ranted about, i am sorry!! but i have been boating for a long time, swallow your pride, i just want to help, not embarras you, then you can pass it along, pay it forward.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay now you guys, I've been boating a long time as well, and consider myself an expert at loading/unloading the boat onto/from the trailer without any assistance. being a truck driver for a living helps, but you can't tell me you haven't had one of those days when the wind is just wrong, even tho you've done it a thousand times in a breeze, that you look like an absolute TOOL trying to get it on the trailer.....I ain't too proud to say I've done it....mebbe more than once too. :d

I feel bad for the dude at the launch when it's happeneing to him, 'cause I know the embarassment he's feeling.......:beer:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well hate to admit it after that rant, but i did have a oops this year envolving high wing and a strong current in manitoba that damaged the trailer, but still...

the launch at wab in the provincial park is one of the easiest that i have ever seen!!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ASK THE WRABBITMAN ABOUT UNLOADING IN MAMEO BEACH AND SWAMPING HIS TRUCK AND WHEN HE DID GET THE BOAT OUT, IT WOULDN'T START!!! HE CAN TELL THE STORY............. BAHAHAHAHAHA . WIND PLAYS HAVOC WITH GOLF BALLS TO, STUPID GAME!:rant:

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a non loading embarassing moment. This summer strong wind/rain ect storm came up on the lake we spend our summers at in Sask. Well we anchor our 18ft ski boat off shore in about 4.5 feet of water. So very early (5:00 am) I look out and think hmm something looks odd, realize that our anchor let go in the sand and our boat was floating(thank goodness towards the docks!) I run out and decided to "hold" it while calling to my husband to get outta bed!!! I had broken alot of bones in my legs this year and my balance sucks, waves/whitecaps are fast and strong at this time and so everytime a wave hit it would knock me on my arse BUT its 5 am right WHO would see ... well my dad..yes my dad..instead of helping me, he was laughing and taking video. I too feel for those loaders/boaters we all have stupid moments LOL Still fun to laugh at though...just quietly!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a non loading embarassing moment. This summer strong wind/rain ect storm came up on the lake we spend our summers at in Sask. Well we anchor our 18ft ski boat off shore in about 4.5 feet of water. So very early (5:00 am) I look out and think hmm something looks odd, realize that our anchor let go in the sand and our boat was floating(thank goodness towards the docks!) I run out and decided to "hold" it while calling to my husband to get outta bed!!! I had broken alot of bones in my legs this year and my balance sucks, waves/whitecaps are fast and strong at this time and so everytime a wave hit it would knock me on my arse BUT its 5 am right WHO would see ... well my dad..yes my dad..instead of helping me, he was laughing and taking video. I too feel for those loaders/boaters we all have stupid moments LOL Still fun to laugh at though...just quietly!!!
um, we may need to see the video.......:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Summitric backed the Duramax in so far that the water was flowing through the doors and yes, the boat wouldn't start that day...was not impressed...HOWEVER there was a guy out quite a bit further who had stalled his truck in the water and it was pretty much floating now. He has a tow truck trying to pull him in...he also had the trailer unhooked but safety chains still on and it was acting like an anchor...anywho...tow truck had already charged him $150.00 for the call and the truck was out too far for him to pull with the small winch, he tells the guy it's and additonal $300.00 for him to go to the long rigging and the guy is PI$$ED but has no choice $450.00 for the tow.
Forgot about that one sRic...very funny that day.

ASK THE WRABBITMAN ABOUT UNLOADING IN MAMEO BEACH AND SWAMPING HIS TRUCK AND WHEN HE DID GET THE BOAT OUT, IT WOULDN'T START!!! HE CAN TELL THE STORY............. BAHAHAHAHAHA . WIND PLAYS HAVOC WITH GOLF BALLS TO, STUPID GAME!:rant:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY SHOWTIME,

i'll be there as long as the weather holds sunday and monday, you going to camp or do the commute?

Yup, i'll be camping there for the week-end, on the news this morning looks like showerers Sat. and only 14 for Sun.:( That's going to put a damper on the bikinis....sh*t, sh*t. We'll be launching/ docking at the camp ground, i'll keep an eye out for ya if like you say the weather co-operates.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay you guy's asked for it, my brother in law just sent these pics taken on 7-31 this year at Sylvan Lake near Red Deer AB. The story:Father and daughter were launching their NEW Boat with their beautiful one week old HUMMER. Dad backed down the ramp so the boat could be floated off. He put the Hummer in PARK and went aft to release the boat. This looked like a text book launch, NOT!! As he was tying the boat to the dock he turned to his approximately 16 year old daughter and yelled pull the trailer out of the water. O.K. This should be easy, I'll just take it out of park put it in drive and press down on the accelerator. OOPS that must have been reverse....Too late, It's lucky I can swim. Later I was speaking to the daughter and I told her that some day she will be able to laugh about it. She said her father is really pissed off about it,,,Why it's only a car. Now, the pics.:d:d

Attachments

• 7-31-#3.jpg
    7-31-#3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 7-31-#8.jpg
    7-31-#8.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 7-31-#12.jpg
    7-31-#12.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 7-31-#13B.jpg
    7-31-#13B.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 67

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple more... i wonder if that's his daughter on the dock in those tight little booty shorts.:d

Attachments

• 7-31-#13a.jpg
    7-31-#13a.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 7-31-#15.jpg
    7-31-#15.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 71

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is frikkin hillarious.sometimes it pays to have a elcheapo truck..hahahahah:ha_ha::rolling::Happy4::alol2:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chit man that is classic, right fawcking under water
bahahqahaaaaa:d

whos wear n the booty shorts

Top Bottom