short intake boots

98670X

Reaction score
hey all, so ive read on the 98 summitx , if you can get ahold ove mach1 intake boots swap them with the stock ones. Now i got A set from a 91ish 583 and they are 1.5 inch vs my stock 2 inch. i always thought better fuel atomization with the longer ones?? can someone clarify this, should i go with the 1.5 or leave my 2 inch ,thanks

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
I have been running them on my 96 non X 670 for years wth taper bored carbs and a rotary intake plate with a larger volume port. I was told to put the shorty boots on by someone who knows Doos and he claimed quicker throttle resonse, It is hard to say if it helped as i fattened the base gasket and shaved the head to 0.59 squish along with twin jaws pipes and the carb bore & intake plate. I have heard that the split second rotary intake manifold will make more HP than the Mach 1 shorty boots. One other benefit is that it is easier to get the air box off and on with the shorty.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go short.

Its true , far better throttle response. Not sure about the atomization if it makes that much difference. I put the short ones on my sled and they made a big improvement, I'm only running a 440 though.

Top Bottom