shocks

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking about buying Bilstein shocks for my f250 sd anybody use shocks before just looking for positive or negative results any feed back thanks

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the 5100 series or 5150's the shaft is too thin and it will snap off got two in the garage if you need pics. I switched all mine over to dirtlogic shocks. This is on a truck with 8 inch lift though.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys my truck stock height any higher my wife wouldnt be able to get in

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've gotten air in my truck and since 5100's are sold in carli, kore and lorenz kits you must just be having bad luke no? with snapping them

Carli Suspension and Diesel Performance by Big Dog Trux, Alberta, Canada should be able to help you

Not sure, it was the rears that snapped the shaft right at the end where the bolt goes through.Those shafts are as small as your finger and thats the bottom end of their line I think.The dirtlogic shocks I have now the shafts are twice as big.This is on a Rize kit.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replaced my POS Ranchero shocks that came with the FX4 package on my F 250 with Bilsteins. Biltsteins definately helped.the ride when the truck is empty. I bought them from Essex in Vancouver . It was the best deal around I think $100 per shock

:beer::beer::beer:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Subscribing. Time to change out mine on the F350 aswell.
Is there any more info on ESSEX? ph#, web address?

Top Bottom