Shocks on a F350

JayZee

Reaction score
Need some advice guys/gals...got an 05 F350 that needs a new set of shocks all around. I have never had to replace shocks on a vehicle before and I am looking for some recommendations. I have the FX4 package with the Rancho upgrades. Is there anything out there that would ride a little softer?...yes as a Ford guy I'll be the first to admit these thing aren't the smoothest riding truck. Any other shock recommendations besides the Rancho? Thanks.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Need some advice guys/gals...got an 05 F350 that needs a new set of shocks all around. I have never had to replace shocks on a vehicle before and I am looking for some recommendations. I have the FX4 package with the Rancho upgrades. Is there anything out there that would ride a little softer?...yes as a Ford guy I'll be the first to admit these thing aren't the smoothest riding truck. Any other shock recommendations besides the Rancho? Thanks.

Shocks wont fix you rough ride, that is from the heavy springs...If you want to really make it ride sweet, you need to remove/replace leafs in your rear pack, upgrade your fronts, then all will be half ton smooth...

If you dont want to do that, then just replace the shocks and consider a Dodge for your next truck LOL...

HRTOffroad on here is a great wealth of knowledge when it comes to 1-ton suspension. Send him a PM and he can help ya out

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put on a set of Bilistien 5200 series shocks on my 06 F350. Really nice ride out of them.
Essex distributors out of Richmond BC.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shocks wont fix you rough ride, that is from the heavy springs...If you want to really make it ride sweet, you need to remove/replace leafs in your rear pack, upgrade your fronts, then all will be half ton smooth...

If you dont want to do that, then just replace the shocks and consider a Dodge for your next truck LOL...

HRTOffroad on here is a great wealth of knowledge when it comes to 1-ton suspension. Send him a PM and he can help ya out

Chit he just wants replace shocks. Not the trans, ball joints, tie rods like you would on a dodge.lol

Guest102

Reaction score
i bought an 05 f250 4 weeks ago and putting a 12" lift on in march. for a case of beer you can have the shocks on it (dealer put new ones on) before I bought it

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QA1 Adjustable!

I wish.... I'm realy happy with the Bilstein 5100's I put in my Chevy, and good advice on the HRT guy. I think he's the one that sold my brother new suspension for his 24v, plus Bilsteins, and it rides great now.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a nice ride for a good price, go with Rancho RS 5000. They are not a gas-charged shock and although they will not give you the cutting edge handling of a gas charged shock, they will give you a much more forgiving ride.

JayZee

Reaction score
Well...I went with the Bilstein 5100 series shocks and I must say I am impressed with the improved ride quality. Would recommend these to anyone who is looking to upgrade there factory shocks. Also installed the Readylift Track Bar Bracket while doing the shocks. The combination has seemed to improve the ride quality and steering response. Thanks for all of the advice.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been down the route with expensive shocks on lifted superduty back to running rancho 9000"s cost fifty bucks and can find replacements in a day.

Top Bottom