shocking question?

cooper

Reaction score
Whats a safe psi to start riding at. never had a cat be for so i dont have a clue where to start im 200 lbs. i just bought a new 2010 m8 sno pro and dont want to wreck it haulin my fat ass around on my first ride. thanks for any help.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they're floats, max pressure in the front is 70psi and the skid is 150psi. Float 2 shocks are higher, but I don't know the max psi in those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would put that back shock at 150psi. Works best for me. If you find it to stiff you can always lower down to maybe 135psi but I would not go lower than that.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode mine with 75 on fronts and 140 in back. with all my gear on I'm closer to 300 than 200 pounds.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a buck sixty and run the rear at 150, front left at 75 and right side at 70 to compensate for the heavier clutch side.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mine 150 psi on the back. 60psi left and 55psi on right. 3/8" preoload on front shock on rear skid with front and rear skid mount bolts in lower holes. I'm 250lbs. Works good for boondocking and deep snow, very tippy in harder conditions... mostly due to the lower mounting hole locations.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys running for preload on the front skid shock in the factory mounting holes?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey stormtrooper, did you notice less ski pressure after you lowered your rear skid mount holes. I just did this as well also on the front skid shock wear it mounts to the skid drilled a hole one inch closer to front of skid and rebolted it there. Did you find that it trenched after this? It is weird to me that there is not one mention in the owners manual about the options for the rear skid holes?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey stormtrooper, did you notice less ski pressure after you lowered your rear skid mount holes. I just did this as well also on the front skid shock wear it mounts to the skid drilled a hole one inch closer to front of skid and rebolted it there. Did you find that it trenched after this? It is weird to me that there is not one mention in the owners manual about the options for the rear skid holes?

Good question, i would like some info on this as well.

Top Bottom