Shipping costs for snorkle kit

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase snorkle kit from Snorkelyour Atv in the states and they will only ship UPS. I requested USPS but was rejected. Anyone have experience in extra costs from UPS, I haven't had good luck and despise those extra charges. Any suggestions or any idea what the costs would be?

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase snorkle kit from Snorkelyour Atv in the states and they will only ship UPS. I requested USPS but was rejected. Anyone have experience in extra costs from UPS, I haven't had good luck and despise those extra charges. Any suggestions or any idea what the costs would be?

I ordered a kit from this company, no problems, cost 20$ for customs charge, thats all, well 20$ plus the cost for the kit, just order one, you'll have it in 5 -8 busniess days. :beer:

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a kit from this company, no problems, cost 20$ for customs charge, thats all, well 20$ plus the cost for the kit, just order one, you'll have it in 5 -8 busniess days. :beer:

That's doable. I've had bad experiences with UPS hence the query.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's doable. I've had bad experiences with UPS hence the query.

Yeah I think the kit cost me $185 and $35 to ship to Alberta then $20 for customs charge...

But I see now they charge $45 to ship to canada, wasn't that much two months ago...

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got some crow harnesses a while back and the ups charges were about $50. Goy some a-arm guards from EMP yesterday again through ups and charges were $17.30. Not sure how they calculate their brokerage fee....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPS will ding you about 40% of the value of your package for "brokerage fees"...good luck. I'll never use those pric&s again.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered 4 from them at once. I think freight was 50 bucks and brokerage fee was 35 bucks. I had them shipped to my work so I didn't find out about the brokerage fee till after I collected money from the guys for the kits.

Apparently I should have known LOL. Kits worked good though.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This quote is coming right from the mouth of my ups driver that seems to think were friends even though I only see im once in a blue moon. ANyways, we got to talking about how ups likes to rape canadian users on fee's, and he said that if the shipper fills out the right and correct ups shipping forms then the buyer doesnt get nailed. The reason we get nailed and the reason shippers like using ups is they just box the item and ups picks it up from them. Then UPS does all the brokerage, handling etc and charges accordingly. So long story short, I've paid double what the item cost before and I've only paid $20 something for customs through UPS.

The key is the shipper has to fill out all the proper paperwork so UPS doesnt.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPS will ding you about 40% of the value of your package for "brokerage fees"...good luck. I'll never use those pric&s again.
Exactly! The costs are crazy when using UPS. Most guys don't realize that you get the extra UPS bill a month after you get the package. Or it's just on the M/C and you don't realise you got charged. I bring stuff in from the states all the time and the cost varies but I've seen some big lists of fees on my bill. Here's a part I brought in from California and this was the bill I got from UPS(they just put it on my M/C) when I looked at my statement a month later.
This part was $138.78 American.

-entry prep fee -$40.30
-dispursement fee-$5.89
-duty amount -$15.79
-customs gst -$12.68
-brokerage gst -$2.32
total was $76.98
And on top of that was the actual freight charge which was around $38.oo. so the total shipping on this package was $114.98 for a $138.78 item for a grand total of $253.76 for a $138 dollar item. Thank you UPS!

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason why they won't ship USPS to Canada might be because of the postal strike in Canada. USPS uses Canada Post to deliver once in Canada for standard delivery. I got a quote on Monday for some stuff from Florida yesterday (Monday) and USPS shipping was not available due to the strike, but they rechecked today (Tuesday) and USPS shipping is available now that they have been legislated back to work.

Or they could just be jerks.....

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This quote is coming right from the mouth of my ups driver that seems to think were friends even though I only see im once in a blue moon. ANyways, we got to talking about how ups likes to rape canadian users on fee's, and he said that if the shipper fills out the right and correct ups shipping forms then the buyer doesnt get nailed. The reason we get nailed and the reason shippers like using ups is they just box the item and ups picks it up from them. Then UPS does all the brokerage, handling etc and charges accordingly. So long story short, I've paid double what the item cost before and I've only paid $20 something for customs through UPS.

The key is the shipper has to fill out all the proper paperwork so UPS doesnt.

Your UPS bud is correct about them picking up from vendors. Lots of vendors won't ship USPS because they have to take the product to the post office and I suppose it would be a pinta for some. I always search for vendors who are willing to ship USPS and if they won't then I tell them they lost a sale then simple as that.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I bought my snorkel kit from Performance ATV and UPS charged me over $50 in brokerage fees on top of the $20 (or so) duty. I was whining to my sister about it who orders a lot of stuff from the US. Don't really know if it's true, but she says that the brokerage fees are neglegable if the vendor specifies that the parcel is a gift. Can anyone confirm this?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't make your own kit, all they are is a bunch of PVC with box liner on the risers.

I built my own and just put my risers in the same place most other riser companies put theres. It took me 4 trips to Lowes and had my snorkels done in about a day.

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 64

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't make your own kit, all they are is a bunch of PVC with box liner on the risers.

I built my own and just put my risers in the same place most other riser companies put theres. It took me 4 trips to Lowes and had my snorkels done in about a day.

I probably could but have never seen one up close to get an idea as to what and how they route them.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I probably could but have never seen one up close to get an idea as to what and how they route them.

The instructions from snorkelyouratv.com are very vague, and pictures are not the greatest, if you get the kit try the mud in your blood web site for better pics, I also still did some cutting with the pipes they supplied, and the kit did not come with glue or the primer glue stuff.

Top Bottom