Shindig Success

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we're doing things a bit differently this season in the attempt to get the word out about our wicked awesome Snowmobile club.
We have so many awesome members, and that number is growing. One way that we are growing numbers is by having gatherings in public venues, inviting the public to share in the fun. We've been having Sled Club Shindigs, at our local pub, watching sled movies, and having 50/50s and prize draws.
What we did last night was a bit different, but effective. Rather than purchasing prize tickets, people had to answer skill testing questions.
For example, what is the CAC website Addy? What is our Zone called? What was the forecast today? What are the three basic staples for Avalanche preparation. It was good, for not only our club members were aware, but the patrons in the pub participated as well. We signed up new members, and handed out poker Run invitations as our Poker run is coming up. We had a talk about Beacon Technology, why newer is more effective, and also discussed interference from phones and ipods.
Great time, and great peeps. This is one idea to help grow your numbers, and keep everyone safe and happy!
Take care

Trish
One of our New club members named Wes. He's cool. His first time belonging to a club, he asked a lot of questions about safety and is excited to hook up with members to stay safe, and sound
1499455_10151922431772993_2125944009_n.jpg

Shane Lewis from Blown Motor is always a huge supporter of our sport. He donated some gift certificates
1528459_10151922430897993_1873593040_n.jpg

Men and Women enjoyed the night
1504078_10151922431052993_109256591_n.jpg

Judy was wicked with 50 50 ticket sales. We had a stellar pot for this shindig! if you are doing 50 50 ticket sales be sure to grab a gaming license!!!

A wonderful group of peeps

Yes.. the wine was wonderful! As were the drink Specials Jimmy's pub had for our club!
1526809_10151922433742993_803073910_n.jpg

Shona and I were trying to look Bad Azz.... that's all we had

Last edited:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the Creston club realizes what a valuable asset they have in you, Trish. Our club could use a serious injection of new blood to rejuvenate it, we continue to struggle along with the same people doing everything and each year some of them disappear as well as losing the events they worked on.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the Creston club realizes what a valuable asset they have in you, Trish. Our club could use a serious injection of new blood to rejuvenate it, we continue to struggle along with the same people doing everything and each year some of them disappear as well as losing the events they worked on.

Huggin you with my mind my friend. Thank you! :) We have such awesome people, and they just keep growing. I love posting up the things that are working for our club, so other clubs could perhaps use them. If you need any help I'm seriously only a hop skip and a jump away! I was talking to Kris, and talked to our club peeps last night. We're going to have our poker run the first weekend, Meteor mine is the next weekend then Cranbrook the 3d weekend of February, so all of us can support each other! Expect a crowd coming to support your crew! We could totally do events and shindigs together as well. I'd love to bring some peeps up to your beacon park! My teens I'm working with at the High School too. I think that would be phenomenal.

I love this club, and I'm soooo freakin thankful to be home!

Top Bottom