shifting into 4wd

kavik

Reaction score
I have a 2008 King Quad 750. Can I shift from 2wd to 4wd while moving? The manual says to stop, and I was wondering if this is for saftey reasons, or is it necessary for mechanical reasons. Also on the same note, can the diff lock be engaged while still moving?
This looks like a great site.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you can shift from 2 to 4 wheel when moving, only let off the gas and let it idle down a little, under power you may have a few parts on the ground. you can also shift gears while moving L to H you need to let the motor idle down so nthat gearing and rpm have a chance to match. haven't put into 4 lock while under way, again you may be able to, just get off the gas to let it idle down. try the NYROC site for suzi info, seems the best so far.

kavik

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It answered my question. I ride with a few guys that have Polaris, and they do not have to stop to shift. Not a big deal, and I like the Suzuki. Rode 100km of dirt and mud the other day. Love it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should have no problems as long as you get off the gas and let it idle down for a second or two. you will no as the bike may make a racket until it slows down just don't give it any gas until it shifts in.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 - 4 is fine aslong as the front wheels are traveling the same speed as the back (just dont tell the guy doing the warrenty, they look for any excuse not to pay)

diff lock i thought that there was a safety in the cpu that didnt engage untill the gauge read under 5 kph

H -> L anything under 10kph (i do all the time any way)
L -> H 2wd lean forward hamer on rear brake (not recomended). some people say if you go from quickly from low to neutral, wate a sec, then to high there is no grinding

Top Bottom