Shift Assist

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of guys say to put the shift assist in since i'm swapping out secondary's.Would Argyll or Echo carry something like that?
If not who might have them?
Is it worth it?Thanks

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of guys say to put the shift assist in since i'm swapping out secondary's.Would Argyll or Echo carry something like that?
If not who might have them?
Is it worth it?Thanks
If they don`t have it, don`s at wainwright (d&d) will be able to help you out.I have read they work good.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Argyll would get it from Don's i can't drive that far,I need it ASAP as i'm heading out on Sat. and wanna get the secondary done before Fri.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don's in Wainwright installed mine and only charged 1 hour labour so it can't be too difficult. They have sent me parts via Greyhound in the past, usually get it next day if you phone them in the AM. I think the shift assist bearing only cost about 25 bucks. Hope this helps.

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was at Echo 2 weeks ago they said they have been back ordered for the past 2 months.
Never tried Argyll their just behind our shop.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Torrington/Thrust bearing. Can be purchased at any bearing shop. Install would take about 20 minutes to pull off the secondary, open the end cap, pull spring, drop in shift assist. EASY!

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Torrington/Thrust bearing. Can be purchased at any bearing shop. Install would take about 20 minutes to pull off the secondary, open the end cap, pull spring, drop in shift assist. EASY!

ZRrrr, Yes i'm sure i could get one, but P/N or size is needed. That's where they get you by the b@lls, some one else has done the work.

SD

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a note , when installing the bearing be sure to have extra Helix Bolts. There are nine of them. FYI. :)

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just gotthe boys at Mountain Magic to do mine .He heated them up with the torch and spun out like butter,he even reused add some blue loctite to them.I had new one but they said that the old ones will work..So far there still in there.

Top Bottom