Shell Ultra Synthetic Snowmobile Oil

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Bought 5 jugs of it at Canadian Tire in March for 39 bucks each. Run it on all my sleds and no probs :p

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought 5 jugs of it at Canadian Tire in March for 39 bucks each. Run it on all my sleds and no probs :p
I stocked up last year but haven't used it yet. The last of the old oil is in the sleds now so next refill will be the Shell.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wallmart sells 5 liter jugs of shell syn snowmobile 2 stroke oil for 43$ regular price only problem is they dont keep there stocks overly full
lol guess i should have read the first couple of posts before posting...:doh:

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most here will prob notice the difference but I think its still worth mentioning that Crappy Tire seems to be mixing the non synthetic and the full synthetic in the same racks. Seems someone is color blind and cant read the label.

Biggest reason i run xl-s! 5 guys in our trailer, all run shell advanced but i use synthetic they all ran non as per indy dan. Anyways bought a new jug and it was empty after a week, everyone was dippin into my synthetic not knowing it. So i ran sonic xl-s, no one stole my oil.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets not talk about mixing up the two shell oils, shell ultra and shell advanced... i have done this already. The jugs look very similar indeed, so when you go into walmart in the spring and the oil is 36 dollars for the ultra

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
The Calgary Shawnessy Canadian Tire is out of the Shell Full Synthetic and won't give out rain-checks cause they have it mixed up with the semi-synthetic and are idiots. The Walmart across the road has the Shell full synthetic 5L jug for $43.95. They had 5 on the shelf, I bought 2.
And Spectro went up to $180/case this year (15.2L), getting up there with the OEM oils.

I ran the Shell stuff last year after running out of Spectro, no complaints, fully guaranteed for all the new motors it claims.
3 of the 4 motors I've seen blow up in the past 3 years were running Amsoil... might be related to the driver, but I'm staying away from it anyways.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Shell Advance Snow Ultra = Full Synthetic - Gold Jug (photo)
Shell Advance Premium = Semi Synthetic - Silver Jug
738808_Large_1.jpg

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HaHa,just noticed I titled the thread ultra and not Advanced,no matter,I have always used Advanced.At least I got the picture right.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good oil. Only problem with it is when below -25 you can't hardly pull the recoil.
On my 1000 triple you couldn't turn it over if it sat overnight in the cold.
One fellow that had a 800 Polaris thought it was locked up. Lol
Put in shop and warmed up and no problem.

I ran into the same thing with it. Ended up switching oils when I built my 999 twin because there would be no way I'd get it started in the extreme cold. Stuff pours like gear oil in the cold.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil is not the same as it used to be, around the same time as they went to the 5liter jugs the oil seemed to get thinner way easier starting in cold weather

Top Bottom