Shaving heads.

ARCTIC FOZZY

Reaction score
Some one told me that if i shave down my heads on my 2003 m1 900 i would gain substantial power. Is this true and would it at all harm my engine?

If this isnt true how else could i gain hp without giving my right arm away?

Thank you.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we run one with 10 thousands cut off and premium fuel and it hasn't blown up yet. didnt really notice a difference.

reeds make 'em snappy and pipes work really well with that engine. used pipes are available for a few hundred.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some one told me that if i shave down my heads on my 2003 m1 900 i would gain substantial power. Is this true and would it at all harm my engine?

If this isnt true how else could i gain hp without giving my right arm away?

Thank you.

Try a clutch kit. There are a few outfits that make some good ones. chat with your dealer they might be able to help you out.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 900 has 3/1000" off, but it also has porting, reeds and single pipe. Shaving the head ups the compression, and depending on how much, may require higher octane fuel.

Will you notice the difference, not likely.

A clutch kit won't gain any power, but can make the 900 work better. Change out both springs if they are more than 2 seasons old, upgrade rollers in the secondary, change helix (I run a straight 51, some like 53). Clean both clutches and it may feel like a different machine.

Top Bottom