Setting your jets

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Hey guys Im pulling the twin pipes out of the sled and replacing it with a factory pipe..
I was just wondering how I was set the jetting for the single pipe?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you resetting back to stock, if so try stock settings. if you have motor work or other mods, you will be on a trial and error program. you will need to provide way more info for any more specific info.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry bud, i think there are few foolish ? concerning jetting, motor set up etc. if your not sure ask, no one should call be calling you down.

pull the carb apart and see what you have for jetting and settings, may be totally different from factory stock. if there has been motor work you may be on your own. good luck.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry bud, i think there are few foolish ? concerning jetting, motor set up etc. if your not sure ask, no one should call be calling you down.

pull the carb apart and see what you have for jetting and settings, may be totally different from factory stock. if there has been motor work you may be on your own. good luck.

Factory jetting is always fat, so that is a good place to start, or even go a couple of sizes bigger that that to start. you really need to know what engine mods have been done and riding elevation ( air density) to get it right the first time, and then work from there. Watch the piston wash and plugs. If it is too fat, you will start leaving black marks it the snow from the exhaust when idling. just keep working your way down from there, and if you screw up, replacing a piston is no big deal and you will know then for sure

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 215

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
in my opinion egts along with a o2 sensor will give you the best idea... plug wash is only good if the conditions are perfect. List what you have done and we can figure it out....

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Sled is now running a stock pipe with suitcase 290's for jets ( turned out 1 1/16 from seated ) spark plugs gaped @ .20
Idles around 1600-1700 Engages @ 3800 Clutch still makes funky sounds but other than that Its good to go

Top Bottom