Serious midrange bog.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ve been running a can from specialty sled with no issues for two full seasons but now I've developed a bog ,sputter farting type issue that just showed up here my last trip on dec 12 th. Sometimes I can hold it wide open and it just sputters bad with no power at all then let off and hit it again and it lites up and pulls hard? A couple times it was pulling hard and decreased into a sputter with about half to 3/4 power. Haven't had a chance to look into it yet but if any one has any ideas?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012,13,14 all have done this for me. My 12 and 13 cleaned up as I broke In tho. I actually thought it was the mufflers having to burn out a bit...
I'm gonna thro an old mbrp from my 12 on my 14 this weekend and try it. Shot in the dark. If it works perfect, if not oh well only 3-400km to go.

Sent from my iPhone using

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres another thread where a guy was having trouble with finicky rpms. It was the TPS. Needed a reset.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sensor in my HPS came out that is why mine was bogging. Even with it out it ran ok in the hills. Once i screwed it back in it ran great up high and down low.

dsenych

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my sled a while back. I changed the RAVE solenoids, check valves, pulled my RAVES, only to find out my can did not keep enough back pressure on the engine. I put the stock exhaust on and had no issues so I went to a different style of can and no issues since

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres another thread where a guy was having trouble with finicky rpms. It was the TPS. Needed a reset.

that could be the issue too, cuz my throttle cable was sticking that day so maybe thats the problem.( I've since replaced the cable so maybe it just needs a reset)

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that could be the issue too, cuz my throttle cable was sticking that day so maybe thats the problem.( I've since replaced the cable so maybe it just needs a reset)

Repair manual states a reset is required after throttle cable replacement. They'll check your cable adjustment too.

But unless there was an issue with the TPS to begin with, i cant see a reset changing anything. The cable itself isnt connected to the computer. Just the throttle itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom