Serious midrange bog.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it says. have about 90 kms on the new XM. I have a HPS can on it. riding about 2200'. out of the hole it rips but as soon as you let off a bit an hammer it there is a huge delay. Is it the can? Wondering what it is going to do in the hills? I will take the suitcase just incase I guess. Anyone else having this issue?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it says. have about 90 kms on the new XM. I have a HPS can on it. riding about 2200'. out of the hole it rips but as soon as you let off a bit an hammer it there is a huge delay. Is it the can? Wondering what it is going to do in the hills? I will take the suitcase just incase I guess. Anyone else having this issue?

BOTH my 2014, and my 2013 did this with the MBRP can. i fully blame the can. but its strange your hps does it because the other two sleds in my group run them with ZERO issues at any elevation. and even another xm in our group runs the same MBRP can as me and doesnt have that problem i have. its bizare. but goes away in the alpine. deffinetly try the stock suitcase see if it goes away.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you added any pin weight to the primary? If not, try clicking down to load it harder. They are sensitive to "rate of RPM". If it builds RPM too quickly it will hesitate/bog.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you added any pin weight to the primary? If not, try clicking down to load it harder. They are sensitive to "rate of RPM". If it builds RPM too quickly it will hesitate/bog.

Ok good to know I am on clicker 1 right now. I havent thrown the Rooster in yet I wanted to try it stock in the hills once to compare. I wont get to excited then until I get the Rooster in it.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will also have a mid range hesitation or bog so to speak if your back shift is off.

Deano

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2200' is about 700m.
That's the same elevation I get a bit of bog and backfire on my 13. Happens on the trail up Gorman all the time before the bridge, just past the upper lot, especially if I'm on and off the throttle a few times. Gone with more elevation

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is no minor hesitation or Bog. It feels like it's going to shutoff and throw you over the handlebars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is no minor hesitation or Bog. It feels like it's going to shutoff and throw you over the handlebars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Mine is the same I couldnt even keep it on the side of a ditch in deep snow lastnight as soon as I let off and right back on there is nothing there for a solid second or more. It sucks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they will get better after break in?

thats what i told myself on my 2013. but it never got better and i was way to lazy to remove it. so i dealt with it....which i will probly do this year aswell. now that you meantion it. in 2012 i had a different brand of can installed and same thing. i must be cursed. the difference this year is my 2014 seems to not have the issue at high elevation where my 2013 deffinetly still had the issue up top but not as bad as on the trail.

i know its not a clicker issue like winterbrew is talking about because i can be holding it at half throttle down the trail for 30 seconds and then BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. without even moving my thumb

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i told myself on my 2013. but it never got better and i was way to lazy to remove it. so i dealt with it....which i will probly do this year aswell. now that you meantion it. in 2012 i had a different brand of can installed and same thing. i must be cursed. the difference this year is my 2014 seems to not have the issue at high elevation where my 2013 deffinetly still had the issue up top but not as bad as on the trail.

i know its not a clicker issue like winterbrew is talking about because i can be holding it at half throttle down the trail for 30 seconds and then BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. without even moving my thumb

My causing did this with the TSS tunnell dump can. I blamed the can to.

lugnut20

Reaction score
Mines doing this also with a MBRP Trail can at approx less than 700' elevation on stock clicker 1. I have only put 80kms on machine so far but did notice that hesitation you speak of a few times. Could hear a small puff sound from the can every once in awhile also, or so I thought it was the can. I need some more seat time on mine when its not -25. I think it being -25 didn't help the elevation problems clutching wise either. I have to watch right now as I will over rev by about 200RPMS, i don't and hardly ever hold any skidoo I've owned wide open for long lengths of time so i'm not too worried but the clutch is definitely not tuned for us flat landers.

prairegopher

Reaction score
Mine is doing it as well with a Bikeman can, and a buddy left the suitcase on and had same bog, checked with the dealer they claim its the break in period but also said that if it keeps doing it after breakin then may need to buy an adapter to bring the EGT sensor out a bit, I guess time will tell, 30% left. it doesn't do it every time you back off and then hammer it, only seems to be when your are on and off the throttle alot.

big_red1a

Reaction score
it doesn't do it every time you back off and then hammer it, only seems to be when your are on and off the throttle alot.
Mine is bone stock seems to be have the bog when you are on and off the throttle lots side hilling for instance

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled did it with my MBRP can, and it's doing it with my TSS tunnel dump I just put on today. It will only do it when going on a trail or on a road.

I would do what winter brew was saying, add more pin weight. It's probably gaining rpm up to fast. I heard etecs don't like to do that.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the exact same issue with my thing cooker can

put suitcase back on, problem solved and my ears stopped bleeding .. I think we have a winner

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the exact same issue with my thing cooker can

put suitcase back on, problem solved and my ears stopped bleeding .. I think we have a winner

its a real piss off these etecs are so finicky with the exhaust cans and just cant seem to run perfect. my old ptek would run crisp clean and no bogs in any way shape or form with ANY can. even if i hacked it together myself LOL. this is the 3rd year in a row i have a stumbling farting popping bogging etec on the trail.

Top Bottom