sept conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Spoke with Rod (Adrenaline). He was at Belle cabin installing the new heater there, and measured 11 inches of snow on the ground. They were talking about a trip up there this weekend. Sleds, quads or both. Will see.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Shredder - we still need to figure out how to get from your house to ours without going through any restricted areas. May be something to work on this winter.

Wouldn't that be nice. A few guys have tried in years past but haven't had any luck. From talking to Gordie the terrain gets pretty rugged, and wind blown. I think they tried following Sheep Creek west.:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Wouldn't that be nice. A few guys have tried in years past but haven't had any luck. From talking to Gordie the terrain gets pretty rugged, and wind blown. I think they tried following Sheep Creek west.:beer:

googlemap it...... looks like a few ways to go, without going through "banned" territories, but that's farther up the valley from mcbride.....;)

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
googlemap it...... looks like a few ways to go, without going through "banned" territories, but that's farther up the valley from mcbride.....;)

Yeah; I think that there is a way to get across from the Kakwa Lakes riding area closer to Grande Prairie. From what I've seen on topo maps it looks like you would be entering Renshaw from somewhere in the general area of Winebergers Bowl. Our programmer that pulls a camp into the Kakwa Lakes every year has some maps we were looking at. Looks like there is a river or creek that winds along with some old logging roads. The lines get real close together(STEEEEEEEEP) when you get to a spot they call.........Hmmmm; I think it was called; Interpass Mountain or something like that. I like leaving early and hitting the Esso in Jasper for breakfast anyways. :d:d

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its too bad grande cache wouldnt support a trail or help with access into that area. when i lived there, i tried to get info and help from forestry and tourism. and to put it nicely, they wernt interested in helping out in anyway shape or form. its too bad, im sure it would be a killer ride over those montains in the cache to renshaw.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Would that be " Gordie White Finger" from the first MM1 in Golden? Hows he doing?

GRD

Reaction score
Great pictures... The parking lots are looking good!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would that be " Gordie White Finger" from the first MM1 in Golden? Hows he doing?

Yep; that's the guy Glen. He's doing good. I think he turns 70 this year, and he still got out for a couple of trips last year. Every group needs a "Sleddin' Dad"; keeps us in line.:d:d Looks like the snow up top is there to stay. It's been below 0 every morning now in town, and a couple guys I talked to that were up in Willmore hunting said it's only getting up to around 5* in the high country during the day.:cool:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have made quite a few attempts back in the day trying to follow the Mcbride Trail to Jackpine? River but never got to Grande Cache........but there are tales of the deed being done!!!! Wilmore blocks you now.

Top Bottom