Seized M7

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bro and i went for rip yesterday afternoon north of lloydminster and on our way back to his house he stopped and was eyeing up a drift to hit and his 06 M7 just shut off and the motor was locked. When we came back with his quad to tow it home he could roll the clutch over so i was a mild seize. The sled is stock except for a jaws can, V-force reeds, and the oil injection has been taken off. He had just put in a fresh tank of fuel mixed 50:1 at christmas, went for a little ride and parked it. We have'nt pulled plugs or anything yet so were not sure what happened. The sled did have a stutter off the line but cleared up right away once he got going. I was starting to think it was a lean stutter but he runs mixed gas??? Any ideas??

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50:1 is too lean for that engine 40:1 is as lean as you can go,i have a top end,jugs pistons if needed for 500,also if you put a can on it the m7's are notorius for a stumble.i also have a complete m7 engine with 200 k on rebuild with ported and drilled cases for running premix fuel so the water pump shaft doesnt sieze for 1500 complete,stator recoil,pump everything

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dads m7 did the exact same thing. we were able to drive it all the way out from the back of allan creek. dealer told him it was an oiling issue it didnt use much oil.

and like mentioned 50:1 is to lean on the oil IMO. i run about 40:1.

Top Bottom