Seems hard to carve to the right

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to the world cats. I have bought a brand new 13 snopro 162. I was able to finally get some ride time in nonconcret snow. I can make it carve like a dream to the left but to the right seems to be a struggle! At home on the back alley on a hard surface its way easier to the left. Front shocks are set the same. Either I need more time or something is a miss? Looking to see what can be done?

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soften your front right shock a bit. They don't have to be set the same. Especially if you have an aftermarket can on. Your left side will always weigh more than your right side.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to the world cats. I have bought a brand new 13 snopro 162. I was able to finally get some ride time in nonconcret snow. I can make it carve like a dream to the left but to the right seems to be a struggle! At home on the back alley on a hard surface its way easier to the left. Front shocks are set the same. Either I need more time or something is a miss? Looking to see what can be done?

What your experiencing is very common with most all new rider's and even rider's that have ride'n for a while but lack experience. More seat time and you will eventually find it as natural as going the other direction.
Have you ever ice skated? Most people that don't ice skate very often find going in one direction much easier then the other also. A right handed person will have better muscle coordination with the right side of his body then the left thus why certain thing's seem easier in one direction then the other.
The sled will have little to do with it......its all about practice, practice, practice

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score

I find the exact same thing on my 2012, new to Cats and fairly new to sledding as well. Wasn't sure if it was me or the sled, but was leaning towards me

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned soften your right suspension clutch side is heavier if your running fox floats 3 psi less on the can side should even it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He can't carve left either, he tried to follow the xm, t motion came through and got me over and out

Here's with out t motion

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No just the trail was concrete

He also won't the stuck closest to the trail, kick in the azz award lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds dangerous when it comes time to hit the whoops on the way down

Dont bother me at all, leading all my doo buddies through the whoops everytime with 5 psi less in right side, no way a doo out rides the whoops over a cat, never if riders are of same ish skill

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to have your pecker centered. If its pointing to the left you will carve left easier. If its pointing to the right, well you get the picture. You will always turn better the way you head is looking or pointing.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just carve left only, no big deal

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to have your pecker centered. If its pointing to the left you will carve left easier. If its pointing to the right, well you get the picture. You will always turn better the way you head is looking or pointing.

Not just that but unbalanced weight distribution has cause and effect also 007.

Top Bottom