Seem to be problem with 800 r maybe ?

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ya Ive NEVER seen many 800r's broken...................... I must be special

kgb117

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Johnny My 2010 had the original 800r pooped the bed something fierce @ around 3000k, replaced under warranty, then at around 1900km on new short block had pin failure, seems to have crept in a bit or somehow worn as opposed to traveling out and ring spun..... no warranty. I run premium and doo semi synthetic, so not sure what really happened, decided to try spx pistons.

No you are wrong!!!!!!!! BRP did not have any problems what so ever cuz maxwell said so!!!!

just joking!!!

On another note, Powderchowder's 2012 Etec had the reeds break 2 weeks ago on a trail ride. sled would only run on 1 cylinder. We were pretty happy we were not in chopper country!
what does it cost to get a sled helicoptered out?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My 2010 800R acted up last weekend for the first time..... sounded like it was running on one cylinder but only at idle. Plugs looked ok, might have been a bad one.... Limped it home and it seemed to run ok. Its got over 6000 km's on it of hard fast riding and lots of trips to the mountains. Kept the bearings greased with iso-flex but I have ordered new top end kit and will tear it down next week when I get home from work..... It will be interesting to see how it looks....I wanted to see how far I could actually go on an original top end......Going to try these cast dual ring set from MCB

!B8CQOQQCWk~$(KGrHqN,!i8EzNhjzS+qBM13Q)o)4!~~_1.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom