secondary on 2008 m1000

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Ok so this might be a dumb thing but here goes.
I just got a new to me 2008 m1000 and I am trying to familiarize myself with everything so I know what to do in the field if something goes wrong. I was practicing take the belt off and on. Took the the bolt out of the secondary flipped the sheave adjuster around and put the bolt back in and tightened it to spread the sheaves. That worked fine, but when I took the bolt back out the sheaves did not close. I wiggled and lightly bang the sheaves and tried opening it up again and it still won't close back together. The other thing is the sheave adjuster will not go back in the hole all the way. SO, as I am jiggling the secondary, the whole thing just pulls off the drive shaft. Is that normal? I thought you needed a puller of some sorts to get those off. Aren't they pressed on? why did it come off so easy. I am confused. I am fairly new to a lot of this stuff but am trying to learn. Did I screw something up. What should I do?
thanx for the read:confused:

Last edited:

Kermit

Reaction score
They're all like it, either start it up and hit the throttle couple times or if that makes you nervous just give the track a spin by hand, it'll settle back into place.

dangerm1000

Reaction score
the bolt holding your secondary on has that o-ring which will bind sometimes going back in but like kermit said after you tighten it back on the belt usually holds your clutch apart so if you tug up on the belt to pull it out of the clutch or rotate the track and the bely will walk back out letting your clutch close.

Top Bottom