Seat removal

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen the bolt kit for quick seat removal? I remember seening one on ebay, it was a bolt with a spring and now i can't find it. Also, do the proclimbs come with a tool kit? if it does then the douch that traded mine in took it along with the shock pump (WKM gave me one which is awesome!!) I am really disapointed that cat went from having an awesome seat with a crap load of storage to one with absolutly none.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen the bolt kit for quick seat removal? I remember seening one on ebay, it was a bolt with a spring and now i can't find it. Also, do the proclimbs come with a tool kit? if it does then the douch that traded mine in took it along with the shock pump (WKM gave me one which is awesome!!) I am really disapointed that cat went from having an awesome seat with a crap load of storage to one with absolutly none.

Proclimb tool kit is located behind the right side tank plastic tucked in behind the oil resevoir. It's a bit of a tight spot to get at. I haven't seen that kit you're talking about tho. I broke that rear clip off my old seat when I rolled the sled down turbo last year. I could NEVER get the seat to latch on properly. I decided to give the new boss seats a try. Picked one up at the sled show for a decent price. Looks to be pretty good for storage and its very comfortable.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just threaded the bolt thru from the inside and clip the latch over it. Works awesome. I also notched the foam under the seat at the middle brace out the width of a belt and store my spare belt under there.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just threaded the bolt thru from the inside and clip the latch over it. Works awesome. I also notched the foam under the seat at the middle brace out the width of a belt and store my spare belt under there.

Hey Rob can you send some pics to me of that or post some?? I was going to get a wing nut to put on the back of the seat screw just so i could get seat off and on easy, but would like to see what you got going on!! Thanks

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my set up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353265318.816976.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353265336.172459.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353265351.173415.jpg

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the bolt completely out of mine. 700 miles last year with several roll overs and no issues....yeah if you yard sale it hard or cartwheel it, the seat may pop off, but at that point you got more issues than picking your seat up out of the snow

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I See racewerxinc has a bolt they sale on there website. I took my out aswell and havent had a problem with it falling off yet, though i have trouble getting the seat to sit properly so i might get a boss seat.

M8BRUINS

Reaction score
Hey Shredder, that's a great idea where to put that belt. I'll do the same. Now where are you guys putting the spare plugs? LOL.
Also I see you plugged that hole, was it filling with snow or are you putting ch!t under there and you didn't want it to fall out?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Shredder, that's a great idea where to put that belt. I'll do the same. Now where are you guys putting the spare plugs? LOL.
Also I see you plugged that hole, was it filling with snow or are you putting ch!t under there and you didn't want it to fall out?

I put my spare plugs in my tool kit, put my tool kit in a ziplock bag to keep it nice and dry, and it just all sits in that space at the back of the seat. I plugged the hole to keep as much snow out as possible, and cut off the brace to make a bit more room.
:cool:

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also took the bolt out of mine. its been rolled, crashed, smashed into the trees and that seat has not even thought of coming off. 800km without it coming off.

Top Bottom