seadoo boat vs traditional boat

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 2000 Speedster with the Merc 240EFI. I will say that the Seadoo boats do not throw the best wakes. If you are a serious boarder look to a boat with a steeper wake. I have tried everything to clear the wake with my boat but the wake is just not steep enough. As an all around boat I enjoy the Seadoo's. Just not a serious wakeboarding boat by any means.

JoeyP

Reaction score
I'm not a serious wakeboarder. I'm basically looking for an all around good boat that I can wakeboard with. I'm just a beginner. But I don't want a lame boat either that I'll be bored with in a couple summers. Eventually I won't be a beginner anymore. It books for $18000 on the low end and I can get it for $10000. $10,000 is about my limit. Would I be better off with something else or is this a good buy.
Thanks

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
I own a 2000 Speedster with the Merc 240EFI. I will say that the Seadoo boats do not throw the best wakes. If you are a serious boarder look to a boat with a steeper wake. I have tried everything to clear the wake with my boat but the wake is just not steep enough. As an all around boat I enjoy the Seadoo's. Just not a serious wakeboarding boat by any means.

Do you know how the Sea-Doo 230 Wake performs in regards to wakes? We saw it at the boat show last year. It's a very nice boat but with a pricetag of $50,000 we won't be buying it anytime soon.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows how the wake versions will perform. Good ideas in principal but I think if you are looking for a boat to do a fair amount of boarding behind your money may be better spent on a purpose built wakeboard boat.

Top Bottom