SDI 1000 running super fat.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
Well
I finally got my sled back together after I had a yard sale with it a couple months back in Mcbride. I had it out this weekend at the lake. 2500 feet elevation and it was running super fat. It was also doing this in Mcbride but not as bad... could this be the programming? or some other under lying issue? Just curious.

Thanks in advance,
Whole_Control

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your engine is running to cold and is going into limp mode. Do you have a thermostat on this machine.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
i would think so. Its factory except body panels, clutch, pipe, and pods...

so what your saying is the thermostat is preventing the engine from burning hotter?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i would think so. Its factory except body panels, clutch, pipe, and pods...

So what your saying is the thermostat is preventing the engine from burning hotter?

if your sled is stock it won't have a thermostat..... If it's an '05, you need to remove the rear cooler....... '06 and on are fine. It could be a faulty coolant temp sensor, and sending incorrect signal to the computer and in turn putting in too much fuel...... Could also require computer program upgrade.... If so, go with the '07 mid altitude program.....

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Also, have you checked the e-raves adjusted lately...... Does it feel like a bog while driving up the trail, at about midrange, and if you give it more gas it takes off? If so, then that is the e-raves, and it can be considered normal on some sleds..... Get the newer program, good spark plugs, and e-raves adjusted and it will eliminate most of it.......

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 05 are running with too much oil .pull the oil cable and there should about 18mm of slack not 16mm from the factory. i would do what summitric said remap the computer 07 mid cost 45$ at martin and go from there ;)

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tanner,

It could be where the sensors from the air box are. I never rode it after putting the Pods on. I believe one is just inside the left side panel and the other is sitting just above the Pods. May be getting to warm of air?

I believe it already has the 07' Mid Altitude program and the raves should be good as the motor was just done less than 200km ago at Martin in the westend.

As for the coolers......Dont forget the Rear was already removed when I purchased it and the front one is cracked I was told....so it is bypassed. It cant be running to cold with only the one main cooler.

Whats it doing that you think its running fat?

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
Well I'm take it apart and clean it all up like Summit Rick suggested. if the problem persists. I will try EVERYTHING ELSE!!! lol... try it all something will work!

Thanks again for your help guys!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well i'm take it apart and clean it all up like summit rick suggested. If the problem persists. I will try everything else!!! Lol... Try it all something will work!

Thanks again for your help guys!

kool....keep us in touch..... I never realized that was metalfusions old sled..... It was a well built sled. Hope you can get 'er rippin' again. Did you talk to martin farm eqpmt about what it's dooin'? Do they still have warranty on it? It might only be minor adjustments......

like metalfusion said, look for the ambient air temp sensor..... should be mounted somewhere back by the air filters(pods) to work properly.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
kool....keep us in touch..... I never realized that was metalfusions old sled..... It was a well built sled. Hope you can get 'er rippin' again. Did you talk to martin farm eqpmt about what it's dooin'? Do they still have warranty on it? It might only be minor adjustments......

like metalfusion said, look for the ambient air temp sensor..... should be mounted somewhere back by the air filters(pods) to work properly.

well Martin Equipment say if you goto pods it never works quite the same again properly. because the program cant get a reading from the sensor... making it the machine appear warmer then it truly is. This in return makes the program to run FAT REALLY REALLY FAT!

he said they never really got it to work the same. One guy mounted his sensor on his hood. and it worked better.

Not sure what I should do but obviously it needs to be hooked back in some how... I never noticed it... I got some ideas... I am an instrument tech! I can send any signal I want to my computer via handheld 385. im gonna see if I can run a programmable signal into the sensor tricking to think its cooler or warmer then it really is... there has got to be away.

what do you guys think?

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ric, Dont you run the Timbersled Pods set-up on yours? It has a mounting spot for the sensor between the pods same as the picture right? Where does the other sensor mount best? What does second sensor control?

Sorry for all the questions but I really want the sled to run right as I sold it to him and last I rode it it was good. (Never did ride it with the Pods though)

Shouldnt be hard for Tanner to fab something of this sort.

Attachments

• dcp_1647.jpg
    dcp_1647.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 102

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't have the timbersled set up and mine is running great just zip tyed the temp sensor to the frame by the pods good luck

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
Keep in mind if the sensor is reading hotter temp because of the location you mounted it the computer will actually cut back fuel thinking less dense air is coming in to the engine.
What rpm is this thing pulling now at WFO? I had to add pin weight when i did the pod upgrade, it may be over reving and falling down on its face. Won't cause a rich condition though....

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
I remounted the sensor near the pods. also found my pressure sensor flapping around under the light mounted that around the pods aswell... about to go start it and see if there is any difference. Also had ngk 8's in for spark plugs skidoo recommends 9's burns hotter. only thing left is possible R.A.V.E cleaning which I might do after this ride. I'll keep you all posted... Thanks for the help!

and to answer your question I was under reving so I bumped up my quick clickers to 5 around home here... girlfriend and I are goin for a rip.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8's burn hotter than 9's and rt1000's definitely prefer the 8's.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
So I still dont have it running at peak... Its snappy and can dig through anything I through at it today with all this fresh pow... However its rpm is @ 7600 max hammer down... it was at 8100 when I first started it up... i think its because it reaches a certain temp effecting my program... what do you guys think? When I first started up and ripped down the road in town it was 8100 perfect. took it out to the acreage and after a few minutes diggin with 2up in the ditch it was back down to 7600... throttle response seem ok... but more perky when it was first started.... any conclusions?

Top Bottom