Scratchers

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding a set of the Duraflex scratchers to our Summits, looking for opinions on these things before I pull the trigger. I need these as I have a trip coming up that's going to require us to ride over 70 miles 1 way down an unmaintained road (Denali Highway) and I don't want any over heat issues. Road gets lots of traffic (sleds, dog teams, track rigs) so I'm planning for a hard packed trail.

Poo time

Reaction score
Had a set on my old 2012 rmk and they worked good. I was bad for not putting scratchers up when in reverse is why I went with them. Putting a set on my new sled. It's a 5 minute install on the rmk.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ice storm scratchers. Also reversible and throw a ton of snow. 1 is enough to keep my machine cool.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ice storm scratchers. Also reversible and throw a ton of snow. 1 is enough to keep my machine cool.
Yeah, I'm starting to lean more towards these, been reading about the Duraflex for the last 30 minutes and most of it has been bad.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had duraflex and would never buy another set personally. Still have a brand new set hanging on my wall collecting dust (make me an offer). I know some guys love them though.
They don't apply very much pressure or throw as much snow compared to traditional scratchers and they also lose their memory over time. If you leave them down all the time, they don't lose their memory as bad, but can be dangerous on loading ramps.

Limbo

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the new style Ski Doo scratchers. They have worked really well for me, no reverse or loading ramp issues etc. and throw a lot of snow up.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the ice storms, I have ran a few sets of the duraflex and they either don't have enough pressure or they fall off the sled period.

Have had great luck with the ice storms even with backup incidents.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put T3 scratchers on my '14 XMX 163. No issues with heat, tuck away nicer than duraflex IMO, seems you always see guys duraflex hanging down after riding a bit in the backcountry and they're reversible.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the new style Ski Doo scratchers. They have worked really well for me, no reverse or loading ramp issues etc. and throw a lot of snow up.
Are they reverse compatible?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're a good design but need a bigger tip to actually throw enough snow. Seen tons of overheated sleds with doo scratchers.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're a good design but need a bigger tip to actually throw enough snow. Seen tons of overheated sleds with doo scratchers.
I was looking at them and thought the same thing, if they were a bit longer and you could bend the end of it out (like an L shape) they would probably throw more snow up into the tunnel.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting I'm on my 2nd season, 2 sleds and 1000 + miles.

Maybe you had them to low?.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Top Bottom