scratcher install

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I can get better cooling by installing on skis.Any feed back?
Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• 2008 m1k sp 162 003.jpg
    2008 m1k sp 162 003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 2008 m1k sp 162 011.jpg
    2008 m1k sp 162 011.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 99

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they'll probably help on the trails with little snow i run mine on my rear skid and they sure extend slider life

GRD

Reaction score
Looks like it will work. Not sure what placement would work better. Scratchers anywhere is better than none at all.:)

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will stay in the closed position...any thing will jar them open.
Skis are meant to deflect of of obstacles...something gotta break when you hit a rock or stump with the coil part of the scratcher.
Simmons makes a small ski deflector just for this purpose.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea:cool: But it might not take much of an upwards push to move them off the ski. Unfortuneatly there isnt alot to hook them over. Let us know how they work:beer:

W

woodies

did it and you will find same thing look out the chit flys at you to very nasty!plus no way they stay up always out and with reverse byby baby!good luck maybe just a cat deal?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran something similar to this years ago. They work good enough on the trails but like the other guys have said, they throw stuff everywhere and they catch on a lot of things as soon as you head off the beaten path (even when they are up). Either way, I give you rep for trying something else. You can't ever go wrong with more snow on the sliders!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ya need to do is put some carbide tips on those, wish i had them for the Allen Creek switchbacks:d

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to try out at Boulder mountain on Sat. Scratchers kept coming off ski. Tommorow I'll mount on skid.
Thanks
Dave

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmmmm why did u mount them on the skis????

I have them on the skid and they work great but what do they do on the skis??

Justin:rolleyes:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the SLP ski sctatcher set for a pair of tri keel skis - did not install. Went with a setfor the rear skid. The further mounted up the better.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well do the Simmons snow deflectors work...the ones that mount right on the sled and look like a fin?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well do the Simmons snow deflectors work...the ones that mount right on the sled and look like a fin?

Not bad, but they would be better if they were made out of aluminum....know what I'm saying? ;) Like 1/8" alum bent to deflect the snow, then just attach to the ski the same way. Just as cheap, but then you could bend them back into place after you run over the first tree. Buddy broke 2 sets of the plastic ones last year. Not sure if they were UV degraded or cold and they snapped. They are cheap to replace though.

Scubagramplit

Reaction score
In the process of helping a rider get his machine out of some deep snow in some reprod I noticed that his scrtatchers were down, I went to store them so they would not get broke when I noticed that they would bend in either direction without getting broke, after some searching I found them at sledkicks.com, I hope it is alright to put that in, I have ordered a set, waiting to recieve them and with the snow melting fast I might have to waite until nest season to try out, has anybody else used these? feedback?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the process of helping a rider get his machine out of some deep snow in some reprod I noticed that his scrtatchers were down, I went to store them so they would not get broke when I noticed that they would bend in either direction without getting broke, after some searching I found them at sledkicks.com, I hope it is alright to put that in, I have ordered a set, waiting to recieve them and with the snow melting fast I might have to waite until nest season to try out, has anybody else used these? feedback?

If you are talking about the "reverse compatible" slidekicks brand
Slidekicks -[ REVERSE COMPATIBLE ICE SCRATCHERS ]- you will get lots of feedback :D. They don't work that good IMO, not enough down pressure, I just run the regular ones and remember that they are down, never broken one yet (knocking one wood). But I don't have reverse on my sled so its not really a problem for me anyway.

doostylz

Reaction score
Have some on my xp and only used them 1 weekend and on the very hardpack like has been stated before they don't have enough down pressure to kick much snow up. They do alittle but for the money not to impressed better than nothing but oh well some of us have to spend the cash for others to know. I have found other goodies and performance parts that work or dont work and never had to put out the cash thanks to others so its a big circle.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what I've seen and prices :eek:I made these for $4 bucks.LMAO,farmers spring cut.mine bolt on/off quickly.and have replacement tips(fridge rack steel) little shorter then others but shoots up more on rails and under rad
Team E.I:d:d:beer::beer::rant::beer::d

Attachments

• IMG_6191.jpg
    IMG_6191.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6194.jpg
    IMG_6194.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6196.jpg
    IMG_6196.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6197.jpg
    IMG_6197.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 56

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember someone who had them mounted on the bulkhead of their sled, and they sure kicked the ice in . Can't remember how they were put away though..

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of weekends ago we were riding up the trail to Old Friend. I was riding just behind and off to the side of my buddy. He had his scrathers down on the trail and they were kicking up snow all right. Everywhere except into the hyfax. I don't think they work like they should. I don't have them on the old Summit and I have removed all my idler wheels.

Top Bottom