Scooter Ridin !!!!!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'am crazy !!!! :eek:
For the last 25 yrs or so I've wanted a scooter and so I was a rebel and bought a scooter this spring and have ENJOYED every mile (or km) I've ridin it !!! :wtg: Bought a '08 Yamaha BWS :cool: , then bought a couple upgrades- 1) A tinted windshield 2) a back rack top case. I live about 12 miles from town and enjoy taking the back pavement to town. Great for going to work or just out for a ride. It's pretty cool that for about 50 cents I can go to town AND back. (I figured it out !!!) Full out it does about 70 kms/hr and does great around town. I've got about 300 kms on it already but wish I had more time to ride it !!
Life is too serious and this thing sure helps in enjoying life. Just ride it full out and enjoy the scenery around you !!! Too bad the weather does co-operate , great one minute and then you look behind you and a thunderstorm is just a brewin.
Hope there is others out there that enjoy scootin too !!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, Yeah !!! One thing !!

Man, I wish "the bikers" would wave at me !!!!!!!!!
I keep trying but they just look the other way and shake their heads at me.:(
We don't have to do the low-down 2 fingers wave or anything BUT SOMETHING !!!
LOL LOL

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, Yeah !!! One thing !!

Man, I wish "the bikers" would wave at me !!!!!!!!!
I keep trying but they just look the other way and shake their heads at me.:(
We don't have to do the low-down 2 fingers wave or anything BUT SOMETHING !!!
LOL LOL

Hey I would wave at you if I seen you wave at me.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scooters are a blast to ride. We went to Mexico last year and had the choice of a scooter or a sportster. We chose the scooter and toured the island easily. When I'm riding the fatbob I wave to everyone except the guys with the red and white. They dont ever wave back :)

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scooters are a blast to ride. We went to Mexico last year and had the choice of a scooter or a sportster. We chose the scooter and toured the island easily. When I'm riding the fatbob I wave to everyone except the guys with the red and white. They dont ever wave back :)

i wave at everyone to the only ones that never wave back are the enduro guys always by themselves never wave they look so sad

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we seen a gang of scooter guys last year in kelowna.:d
badd azz lookin group.lol
and when we where in P.V. a couple weeks ago a bike group/gang whatever ran down the main road nice bikes where at the front reving engines, thumbs up kinda stuff. scooters following behind was kinda comical. the one scooter guy had braids half way down his back and looked real ruff and tuff but was ridin the scooter.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we seen a gang of scooter guys last year in kelowna.:d
badd azz lookin group.lol
and when we where in P.V. a couple weeks ago a bike group/gang whatever ran down the main road nice bikes where at the front reving engines, thumbs up kinda stuff. scooters following behind was kinda comical. the one scooter guy had braids half way down his back and looked real ruff and tuff but was ridin the scooter.

well if your ready for the dark side i have a new 2007 yamaha majesty 400 that would make you king of the road......and its on sale...and yes we ll take ur bw on trade.........

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I heard scooters were like fat chicks ......fun to ride till your friends catch ya

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses !!!!

Yeah, right after I bought it , I told my buddy I was goin to bring the cool back in scooters !!!! Then he told me scooters were NEVER cool !!!! :eek:

But seriously, North America (US and Canada) is really the only culture that views scooters as being for girls or geeky !!! It maybe has to do with everything (towns and cities) being so far apart that ridin a scooter isn't that safe or feasible to do. But ridin a scooter is still one of the funnest thing I enjoy doing in this fast paced world we live in !!!! A real blast to drive! :d

ttpowersports - I was just looking one of those up on Kijiji, they look like a blast to drive !!! (Not the fat chick :eek: BUT the Yamaha Majesty ) LOL.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin at the weather lately !!! :rant: PLEASE don't tell me I have to park the scoot for the season !!!!! LOL

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to love Alberta !!! One day absolute crappy day, rain, wind, clouds, and then the next day t-shirt weather, blue skies, and sunny !! A perfect day for "scooting" along, and thats what I did !!
Took her for a long run today, perfect day. (Hope there is a few more !) Man, that thing runs like a top. The only thing is I might have to layer more clothing so I stay a little warmer cause after the sun goes down it gets a little cool. (I know I'am a wimp)

P.S. :d I got to do a low handed wave today. Hopefully I get to be part of the gang now !! LOL LOL

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally tested my heated vest my wife bought me for xmas last year.
I can extend my riding season as long as the roads are dry.

I'm tempted to wave like a little school girl just to see the look on people's faces (especially the bada$$es). Don't want to crash from laughing though.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scooters ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!

My bro has 2 strapped to the upper deck of his boat. When docked he drops em on the dock with the crane and goes burning around to get grub and booze and chit. The storage spot under the seat will hold 5 bottles of red wine ya know :specool:

Last edited:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I AM STILL RIDIN !!!!!! Just got home from work, (11pm) and rode it home to-nite. I little chilly, but not as bad as I thought it might be. Hope to get a few more rides in before the *#@* starts fallen. (It's a swear word to me !! LOL)
Sure wish this weather was around this summer but better late than never ! The Scoot is still running like a top, and a blast to ride !!
Happy ridin !! :Cool9:

Top Bottom