sask lifted vehicle policy

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard anymore on sask's proposed lifted vehicle policy? there was a bunch of hype a lil while ago and now i havent heard boo about it. nor can i remember when the date was to be voted on. :confused:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if it ever got implemented.. kinda funny tho haha

On or about the 2nd of June 2008, SGI, (Saskatchewan Government Insurance) implemented new policies in regards to lifted vehicles in the province of Saskatchewan. The two most profound restrictions are the legal tire size, which has been limited to 34", and a maximum rear frame height of 29.5"

The bill was pushed through the Saskatchewan Legislature unbeknown to the general public, avoiding the ensuing outcry. There was no notification whatsoever, and on the morning of June 2nd, residents driving what SGI deemed unsafe vehicles, were pulled off the road by check stops and random patrols.

SGI has now taken upon themselves to have their restrictions implemented elsewhwere in the country. Alberta is currently reveiwing Bill 205 in its second reading. After contacting the local MLA, Ty Lund, It is beleived that the Alberta Legislature is in recess, and will not reconvene until the fall, giving us an opportunity to rally and oppose.

A web site has been set up to rally everyone, and you are encouraged to register and keep up with developments as they occur.

For more information on the SGI version of this Bill, go to:
http:/www.ccr4x4.com/phpBB3veiwtopic.php?f=17&t=448

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am positive the outragous regulations in Sask got tossed out pretty quick. I don't see the one in AB going though. It is absolute garbage, it will be a cold day in hell before the gov't tell me how big of tires I can run on my rig.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep couldn't agree more.. i'd love to see that happen in the oil patch, theres not a truck out here (where i work) that has stock tires on it..

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they did throw that out right away about the 34" tires and such but they have now come out with different regulations. I don't know the exact specifics but I heard tire size limits are based on your truck ( 1 ton, 3/4, 1/2 ton. The bigger trucks have heavyer braking systems so they get a bigger tire. I think 37" is still the limit but I could be wrong

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaahaha so sask is getting this law to. I find it so stupid a duramax with a 11'' lift on 40''tires the trucks bumper was a quarter of an inch to high and they made me throw on all new road armor bumpers to drop it down that tiny bit. In my opinion don't police have better things to do like crime fight instead of worrying about if a vehicle maybe a bit to high in my opion the cops need to start worrying about the important stuff and quit worrying about how much money they will make by giving out tickets and inspection notices

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The police officer was probably just jealous of the truck haha.

I got harrassed regarding my tires sticking out too far, he told me i needed fender flares. i told him what they were worth and that i pretty much think they are ugly as sin (my opinion) and that they were not EVER getting installed on my truck. typical TRAFFIC DIVISION Cops. or 2.5Ohs (bylaw officers)

fort saskatchewan has our own little superstar bylaw officer, he's a champ :d heard he pulled over a funeral procession because someone wasnt wearing their seat belt :eek:

On a more funny note i love it when he (fort sask's finest 2.5 Oh ) is doing photo radar and is attempting to hide behind a telephone pole while being about 6foot and 280lbs :d:cool: i think everyone and their dog can see the superstar in his super sneaky covert photo radar operation :d

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure as of January 1 '10 you can only run a max of 35" rubber in sask. One of the boys on another forum was trying to trade rigs with me ..... he was heartbroken. Come to think of it I think I told him I'd post a link to his ad up on here.......

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this years sask proposed laws were based on GVW of the vehicle as to the heigth restrictions, and to restrict the max tire size to 35", you could go bigger but according to the proposed law you could only drive 90 ona 110 hiway, and 80 on 100 hiways. bulls*** i know. which is why i would like to know how hard they were laughed at when they tried to pass it. but stranger things have happened. so everyone in sask should probly keep their ears perked up for any new strange and insane rules headed your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm so my 03 gas job with 37's and stock brakes may be a popular item in the new future amongst our local law inforcement...It may not have the best braking in the world but being a defensive driver it will never put you in danger... Having a 10 inch lift helps too tho :d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm so my 03 gas job with 37's and stock brakes may be a popular item in the new future amongst our local law inforcement...It may not have the best braking in the world but being a defensive driver it will never put you in danger... Having a 10 inch lift helps too tho :d

Haha same here 8" lift and 38's, I am just putting big bumpers on in case :p

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will just wait for cheap 37"s coming on sell soon. LOL

Good luck i've been looking for some used 38's for a decent price and it ain't happening. People think there used tires are worth a fortune. Better off to just buy new.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The police officer was probably just jealous of the truck haha.

I got harrassed regarding my tires sticking out too far, he told me i needed fender flares. i told him what they were worth and that i pretty much think they are ugly as sin (my opinion) and that they were not EVER getting installed on my truck. typical TRAFFIC DIVISION Cops. or 2.5Ohs (bylaw officers)

fort saskatchewan has our own little superstar bylaw officer, he's a champ :d heard he pulled over a funeral procession because someone wasnt wearing their seat belt :eek:

On a more funny note i love it when he (fort sask's finest 2.5 Oh ) is doing photo radar and is attempting to hide behind a telephone pole while being about 6foot and 280lbs :d:cool: i think everyone and their dog can see the superstar in his super sneaky covert photo radar operation :d

Here is a pic of that sneaky guy in action with his photo radar camera. He gets really upset if you stop and take his picture. Here he is telling me to "move on".:realmad::realmad::realmad:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of that sneaky guy in action with his photo radar camera. He gets really upset if you stop and take his picture. Here he is telling me to "move on".:realmad::realmad::realmad:

Its a crock of crap if you ask me, but if they start doing this, they better limit the size of tires on Big rigs also. They may have more braking power but its no different. If i get harrased, ill take it to court, i dont care.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read the proposed vehicle law and went out and immediatly measured my truck...Front passed by half an inch at 30.5 inches to the frame:d Im not sure if the rear would pass but my tires sure wouldnt being that they are 37s. I dont think i like this oneeeee bit.

Last edited:

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 37" tires on my truck and there is no way I am going to drive 90 in a 110 zone. I have a hard time driving 110 in a 110 zone

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

HAHA!!! im gonna have to try to take a picture of him next time im home...:d:d i usually give him a lil shot of black smoke from the old cummins.. my ole man likes to wave at him lol

thats quite the covert operation he's got going on there .. its too cold for the princess he sits in a white ford / chev 4 door parked in the ditches lol

Top Bottom