Salt Lake City, Utah

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading there next week on course and looking for places to check out. Eating, shopping that kind of thing. Anybody been there? Not sure if their prices are cheaper then here or not.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your in the market for a turbo Cutler, Turbo boyz, come to mind u could visit.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stayed a couple days there and noted a distinct lack of beer & wine stores. There was beer in the grocery store but I had to search for it..

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if I find some I should load my suitcase up with tea? lol We are staying just north of SLC. I am renting a car to get around a little but don't know when our course will be done each day. Wouldn't mind checking out the bike/sled dealers.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out The Red Iguana for the best Mexican food around and Pats BBQ for developing the meat sweats. Go to SLC once a year for World Superbike and have found it to be a great city to visit.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out logan utah, was there 4 years ago, fantastic sledding, stayed at beaver creek lodge, near bear lake, had to drive to idaho for beer though, utah was dry.

had a fantastic time, love to go again.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like it is a good place for sledding and biking.

Head about an hour South of SLC, and you'll find the Little Sahara" sand dunes. I think it's around 400,000 sq acres of dunes, I was there in the early 90's on my LT250R to sling sand for a couple of days.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bonneville Salt Flats are about an hour west of there as well, worth a trip if you have time.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to remember I am going on Sunday. Not sure what they have for snow. I don't imagine much as the temp have been above zero. As I am typing this I am thinking the salt flats might be cool to see

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check beaver creek lodge, they have an excellent riding area, rent sleds (doo's), not sure how far of a travel it is from salt lake, but i'd go back in a heart beat.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Logan, Ut is about an hour and a half from SLC i believe. From there you head East towards Garden City and there is a sledding area that you pass through. Been through there on a bike and the road is amazing, looks to be good sledding from what i could see from the road.

aaron_m

Reaction score
and maybe church…..

Actually as gay as it sounds, couple years ago, was in SLC for meetings. Couple buddies decided to go down to the Morman temple thingy for a tour. It is an impressive facility. All i knew about the Morman faith i had learned from South Park episodes. So if you can have an open mind, interesting 2 hrs to burn.

And as for the booze, it is a "dry" town. Which really means that you have to pay $5 to buy a "membership" at a bar, and then they'll serve. Lots of nice little bars there.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL @ the alcohol thing. I went onto the twisted tea website and they have a listing of who sells it so I check it out and there are a lot of places that do!! Funny thing about that also. I was thinking now that I have an iphone, I need an app for that. The tea finder app!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Got back Friday and I definitely have to get back there some time. Summer would be nice. We had no issues getting alcohol. Had it at the liquor store, hotels, restaurants and bars. The area is pretty nice. We had a big snow dump on Thursday night so it was touchy getting to the airport in a fricken Toyota Camry! missed my truck, that's for sure.

Top Bottom