Safe Riding Areas in Golden

wakeskate18

Reaction score
Where are some good riding areas in Golden that are away from high avy risks and crowds...gorman and quartz. Silvermines is also avy alley so dont want to ride there and chatter creek and hope is closed from what I understand.

Where does a guy go to get some good tree riding and enjoy sledding without the big avy risks for the weekend?

Thanks BOYS and GALS!:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are some good riding areas in Golden that are away from high avy risks and crowds...gorman and quartz. Silvermines is also avy alley so dont want to ride there and chatter creek and hope is closed from what I understand.

Where does a guy go to get some good tree riding and enjoy sledding without the big avy risks for the weekend?

Thanks BOYS and GALS!:beer:

Susan Lake

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are those areas like? we also are looking at going out on sunday and were thinking the same thing. please let me know some pros and cons of the areas we have never been. thanks colin

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are those areas like? we also are looking at going out on sunday and were thinking the same thing. please let me know some pros and cons of the areas we have never been. thanks colin

ya what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Susan Lake. Lower elevation, safe areas to play. You can ride to Kinabasket Lake and back.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you provide directions? Are the lakes frozen over? Are the lakes covered in powder? Is there any cut blocks that can be played in?

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you go to bleaberry there are ALlot of areas to branch off and explore

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Susan and Blaeberry, low elevation rides on Donald road past the weigh scale. Turn right off the highway. I kinda meant my comment as half-joking, some smaller areas but no where to really let the big dogs run, if you know what I mean. No climbs and no open meadowy areas that I know of, maybe someone knows better than I. Some smaller areas to branch off and play but without a lot of snow, riding will be really limited. I've never really explored all the little branches and stuff, might be fun too but like I said, IMO it will need more snow to cover the smaller trees so that you can get over them and onto some clearer areas. IMO it would be a good March area when snow is setup so that you can pick your way through things without sinking in too much. If there is a good base with about 1 foot of fresh I think it would be best conditions for that area.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you all for the info, we ended up in quarts. sun was great snow was there, in spots. more like spring ridding. was a good day. thanks again

Top Bottom