Sad, another man down

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Calgary snowmobiler has died after he accidentally drove his snowmobile off a cornice and fell about eight metres, landing on some rocks.
The incident happened on Mar. 29 in the Lange Creek area of the Grizzly Bowl riding area, which is about 15 kilometres north of Golden, B.C.
Family members, friends, fellow snowmobilers and off-duty search and rescue members on snowmobiles came to the aid of Leonard Kevin Pare, 52, but they could not save him. He died before reaching hospital.

Thoughts are with his family and friends, just sad. Raise a glass for him today, could be any of us.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP dude ...

super flat light up there that day.
extremely complex terrain.
I've seen locals get tricked and humbled up there ...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Gorman that day and came upon the guy who sent his friend for help. I doubled him up about half way and his crew was already up higher at the scene. There were 2 groups helping at the time with 1 guy already en route to the base for emergency service. He went over a cornice, was all we knew at the time and I think he was only with 1 other rider.

Its very sad to hear this now as we left after about 5 or 10 minutes after talking with one group already helping we didnt think extra people were needed so we headed down. There were about 8 people already helping. It sounds like a big fall with a big injury. Its a tricky area and anything can happen in there, the clouds were in and out at that time of the day as well so light was poor with big cornices everywhere. I wish I stayed to help........

RIP and all my best to the family I cant imagine...... good job on the 2 third party groups to help out and get people together....

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences, it can happen to anyone. Flat light, a second of not paying attention, bad luck.

Sucks.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. :(

The guy that owns the liquor store in South Cooking Lake was in the Dominion. Hit his head on the water slide and drown.

My friends dad is on his death bed right now. They really expected him to pass last night.

More than one person I know are fighting cancer at this moment. Life is too short and too precious.

Take time to hug those around you. Life can get hectic and we forget what's really important.

:(

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have come close to doing that a couple times. I am very cautious now because of it.

Top Bottom