RZR - same size tire front and back

gaar1976

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade the stock maxxis tires (and the stock steel wheels) on my rzr.
I was thinking of going with 26 or 27 inch bighorns on 12 inch aluminum wheels.
My question is should I go with the same width tires all around (i.e., 9 inches) or should I go with narrower tires in the front and wider in the back (i.e., 9 inches in the front and 11 or 12 inches in the back)?
The reasons for going with the narrower back tire is to be able to carry a spare tire that will fit both on the front and back and because they are lighter.
I noticed that the stock commander tires are 9 inches wide front and back.
Will I lose traction in mud, snow and on trails? Any other thoughts?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go with the narrow in the front and wide in the back. you can still carry a narrow spare tire and use it on the back if needed.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I have 26 X 9R12 on front with 29 X 12R12 on the back. if it is not a "s" you will need wheel spacers or offset rims

hillbillywannabe

Reaction score
you caun still use the front tire as a spare on the rear if needed. I have 12 in the back and 9 in the front on my rzr and do not have sparers but if you go larger then 26 i was told to do a clutch kit so i would double check on that.also maxis has a more aggressive tire for mud and is a radial but when looking at that tire get the 2.0(i believe is the model) it is lighter. my friend picked those up at a honda dealer for the cheapest price he could in the city.

Top Bottom