rzr or 850xp

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dads got a polaris 850xp non power stering, and is thinking of selling it to buy a polaris rzr. what do you guys think of the rzr, do you think this would be a good idea. we ride everything from mud and skeg to trails to open fields. how much do you think the 850 is worth if he sold it, its got 600km and is basically stock other then mudlite xtrs and a snow blade?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IF you do get the RZR get the RZR s it has the fox shocks they land really nice when you jump them. They seem to do pretty good in the skeg and mud I dont think they do any better in the skeg and mud then a atv but go pretty good

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea the rzr s is nice, but is it worth the extra money, and hes afraid it would be too wide for some of the tight trails.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rented a razor from darcy at the campsite on the weekend what a blast the wife had fun this year last year we rented a 800 2up she hated riding behind the razorS is 10 inches wider so go for the razor it is the same width as a quad it will go every place a quad will go rent one from darcy for the day then make your choice i will be buying one

Buddman27

Reaction score
Slightly biased opinion but my vote is for the RZR. I took an XP for a ride a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. Very powerful and comfortable ride but no passengers. The width of the non "S" RZR sounds like it would be better suited to the trail riding you do. The RZR lets me take one of the kids, the "war department", or whoever breaks first for a ride. The RZR can still be a bit of a wrestle in tight trails. Sometimes you just can't turn tight enough with the wheelbase in the trees. I haven't tried out the powersteering for the RZR but perhaps it would be a worthy upgrade.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbor and camping buddy bought a RZR this year and is loving it. He's got the standard width one then upgraded to some nice wheels and 27" rubber. In some situations it will outperform a quad, in some it will not. But overall, it goes everywhere the quads go and looks like a blast....well, except when he's strapped into the seat and he goes deeper than beer holder level. LOL.

850 xxxp

Reaction score
I have both an 850 xp and a razor. The razor works really well in all terrains but will not do mud and tight trails nearly as well as the 850. that being said the ability to carry a passenger and the fact that you could mod it up to be almost as good in mud may make it the deal for you.

Hope this helps.:)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For comfort and ride we tried a RZR
My wife parked her quad said sell it and got a rzr for herself
50 inchs wide so fits most trails easy and is fun to drive.
I get stuck she pulls me out

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If my dad can sell his quad then he is going to get a rzr. How much do you think the quad is worth?

chucker

Reaction score
I bought a RZR when they first came out. I had an 800 Sportsman, and most of the guys I ride with ride 800 Sportsmans. I put aftermarket rims and tires and a 2" lift kit on. I go everywhere my buddies go. I am 53 1/2" wide with aftermarket wheels and the running boards (stock RZR is 50") RZR S are 58 or 60 " wide. We do alot of extreme quadding and the only downside I see to my RZR, is that if you get in trouble and have to bail out, it's a little difficult strapped in with a 4 point harness. I recently had an issue, I was crossing a mud beaver dam with ponds on both side. Trying to centre the RZR over the dam and it gave way, tipping the RZR on its side. I was completly submerged and strapped in. My buddies were trying to get the RZR upright and I was trying to get the harness off. Long story short, I got a few mouth fulls of beaver water and so did my RZR. I am glad I bought the RZR ( sold my 800) and look forward to what improvements Polaris makes to it in upcoming years.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pickup up out rzr on saturday.
My wife drove it and I drove my quad.
Wow was I impressed.
Stock except for the winch
It went all the places my wife used to drive her quad.
It is easy to drive great power she loves the ride and finds it easier than the quad on rough trails:d

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rzr for the most part will go all places a quad will go. I have a 09 with 27" mud lights and its 55" wide in the rear. i have no issues on the tight trails. the guys i ride with are impressed and so am i. if in doubt make a new trail, its like a tractor in low gear. Yes lets be honest everything has its ups and downs and may shine in other areas can't. Now owning a Rzr, the ride has spoiled me. With all the back support and cool add on goodies, i may never go back to a quad. As for performance stuff i havn't done anything yet, but it will come in time. Its on purchase many are happy with.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Ridin High said it can make trails to.
I found as well it was nice to park the quad and ride in a nice seat

Top Bottom