RZR engine brake

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i got out with my new RZR and love it but, i found that crawling down dried out creek bed without any engine hold back abit of a challenge. My Sportsman was very similar except it had an engine brake to help some.
It was a concern when i purchased the rzr i mentioned it to my dealer and he said to try it first and if i didnt like it we could install an engine brake setup for about $1000.
Well my verdic is imo it doesnt hold back enough for my application, lots of rock crawling up and down.
My question is, does the engine brake on the Razor help alot and is it worth it. This weekend i learnt to drive it with 2 feet and it worked good but the wife did not like it, found it scary when the clutches disengaged.
Thx for your help.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just keep on the gas and the clutch engaged downhill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should of bought the loaded 570 razor comes with engine brake,power steering and turf mode and performs just as good

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As arff says, it's just like a skidoo. Keep the gas on to engage clutch, put it i low gear, And if not enough clutch kit, thats how the ranger works, just got to trust it

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes thats what i do use the brake and throttle, thats none issue and figured that out quickly.
My question though will an engine brake do the trick or improve hold back?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i got out with my new RZR and love it but, i found that crawling down dried out creek bed without any engine hold back abit of a challenge. My Sportsman was very similar except it had an engine brake to help some.
It was a concern when i purchased the rzr i mentioned it to my dealer and he said to try it first and if i didnt like it we could install an engine brake setup for about $1000.
Well my verdic is imo it doesnt hold back enough for my application, lots of rock crawling up and down.
My question is, does the engine brake on the Razor help alot and is it worth it. This weekend i learnt to drive it with 2 feet and it worked good but the wife did not like it, found it scary when the clutches disengaged.
Thx for your help.

Tell her tex says po po suck

Baaaaaaaaaaaa.

Tell Karen any thing that's belt driven that if the belt unlocks from the clutches that's what happens.

Dunno if 1000 bucks to fix it is good either. Seems pricey.

I bet if u just got springs for it it would stay locked for longer.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should of bought the loaded 570 razor comes with engine brake,power steering and turf mode and performs just as good
Some of the 800 have engine brakes, inclueding the base model 800. The model i bought didn't, but had other options. Now i'm inquiring of possibly having the engine brake.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:Should have bought a rhino!:rino: Slow yes:rolleyes:, but has engine brake....Maybe one day Yamaha will invest some $$$$$ into R&D...:sad:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no good reason in this day and age to own a rhino....... no reason

QUOTE=green-horn;1753489]:smiliestirthepot:Should have bought a rhino!:rino: Slow yes:rolleyes:, but has engine brake....Maybe one day Yamaha will invest some $$$$$ into R&D...:sad:[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom