Rzr 900s or wildcat 1000

trailthumper

Reaction score
Ive rode and drove both the only down fall I found with the wildcat was the turning radious both are good machines the wildcat you can put on 30" tires without a lift the ones we ride with have been there nasty skag and mud over mountains and on trails and both work great no big issues the wildcat has more leg room and the center of gravity is lower and the suspencion is far greater than the RZR but you wouldn't be disapointed with either they all break down sooner or later

05rubicon

Reaction score
I have a xp900 that i am pretty hard on and it has held up great! A few upgrade parts are needed depending on your riding style and where you ride. Axles and high clearence rear controol arms were a must have for me after bending and breaking a few stock ones but have not had any problems since! we do a lot of creek and mtn riding as well as play on the rocks quite often so i would recomend the xp for this style of riding but if i lived by the dunes or run motorcross a lot I would have a articat for jumping just because the xp will nose dive easily depending on the jump I found this out the hard way by over shooting a 12 ft jump by about 10 ft and doing a endoo and rolling it about 3 times w the rear coming over the top but even at that all it did was cracked my bed tub and nothing else so it is just tough or i just got lucky! lol!

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new rzr 900 HO jagged edge is a kick ass machine. It will eat the maverick that's for sure. Check out the video on YouTube and Polaris website.

fulleyes

Reaction score
Rzr 900 xp is a tried and true sport SxS and is the best imo. The wild cat has a better suspension but ends there (many issues)
However I would take a real good look at the new Wildcat X (many issues have been addressed eg. more power and better clutch. Pesonally I have no experience with the X but what I have heard from others is xp & maverick owners beware. With the added power, clutch issues fixed and the superior suspension the wildcat X may be the one.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want out of the machine.

the wildcat has very impressive suspension, lots of leg room, A bit lackluster in power compared to the RZR 900 or Maverick. [edit : WILDCAT X ]

if you are looking at the wildcat, make sure its the Wildcat X, like the user above me said, they have fixed many of the issues causing it to be nicknamed the mild-cat.

you say you have never driven the 900, but you have driven the S. the 800 and the 900 are night and day difference in power and suspension.

The maverick i have never driven yet so i cant really comment, although they do have a nice cab and a lots of power. only thing i dont like is the rear suspension set up, no power steering and visco lock (power steering added and visco lock removed for this year though)

the rzr is proven, reliable, and very potent, with a ton of aftermarket availability. i have bagged the living hell out of my rzr for 1700 KM and the only issues ive had are axles which are an easy fix.

im a bit biased because i own a rzr 900 but i also feel that it is the best out of the three.

all in all you cant go wrong with any of them

hope this helps

Last edited:

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wildcat tie rods (last link between steering wheel and tire) are in front of the a arms. Stumps rocks,,, great dune machine.

Top Bottom