Rzr 900s or wildcat 1000

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a side by side in the spring and its between the rzr 900 and the wildcat. What you guys think?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 900xp and love it with power steering..

Never saw a wildcat all summer in our riding areas so cant comment on them..

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 900xp and love it with power steering..

Never saw a wildcat all summer in our riding areas so cant comment on them..

I saw one this summer at the Edson rally covered in mud (you couldn't tell what color is was even) with a broken axle waiting to get towed out of the bush. I think those things would be ok for the dunes but not for the bush and mud.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I drove the wildcat, seems to have good power delivery, great in the woops and jumps well. but im not convinced they are tough enough for the heavy mud and abuse that riding in the west country offers. Id personally have a good look at the Maverick or the rzr 900 before buying a wildcat.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It's a hefty bill to buy anyone of the units. I've ride the wildcat at the 800s but not the 900s. Like em both but only rode each of them for about 50 k

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have neither machine, BUT if it's between the rzr or wildcat only.....RZR all the way, have rode numerous times with RZR's and was totally impressed....:beer:

BUT I'd also keep an eye on that Maverick too!!:cool:

Seen the same Wildcat at the Edson rally buried in a mudpit....that was NOT so impressive....lol:rolleyes:

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the XP 900
Love it and it has been really strong, I have about 1000 miles on it and I drive the crap out of it. I have replaced brake pads and bent one rear radius rod. I am running 27" bighorns on it as I think they work the best for all types off terrain. I have rode with 2 wildcats, IMO Not really a mud tree bashing unit.

Boostmonkey.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Widcats imho like mentioned, belong soley in the dunes not the chit we rip up around our parts. Ive seen SOOOOO many come in for work, parts, and more parts it was incredible!!!

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XP. most fun you can have with mud pants on. Seem to hurt a little when they run you over though......Sorry Ray had too

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XP. most fun you can have with mud pants on. Seem to hurt a little when they run you over though......Sorry Ray had too

LOL

Had ours out on the street in the snow and ice. Can't wait till the lakes freeze over....

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check for recalls parts back ordered warranty issues whats covered by warranty service. Most importantly DEALER! Is the dealer just looking at u as their NEW CASH BOOSTER. RZR nice ride totally covered in mud as I have seen on the trails and some disapointed Wildcat owners. Go with ur gut not the price tag because that too can bite u in the butt too. How r u going to haul it? Toy hauler u need a 12ft garge, trailer, or deck? Got a Commander on a 8ft deck with mods. Must research everything and MAKE the dealer show that it will WORK for U. Been lead astray myself. Good luck

Top Bottom