RX1 problems?????

ONETON

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2004 RX1.. when I drive through a wall of snow at the top of a hill or drift the odd time the engine sounds like it drops a cylinder and/or the engine boggs down.(with a metal,scraping noise)...I let off the throttle for a second then get back on it and its fine, Does anyone have any idea what would cause this???? Also too, on full throttle on a groomed trail or at the top of a climb I get a vibration at my feet, and would top out at 125km/hr, would a bad belt cause this??All of this started after I had the carbs re-sync'ed at the dealer.. Thanks for your help. Marc...Up-dated- noticed when putting away sled after the wekend that the throttle cable had too much free play and carbs would only open maybe 85%- which I think was the cause of my slow speeds. Any help would be great. Very fustrating since this was my 3rd time out and I just purchased the sled.....

Attachments

• P1010068%20%28Medium%29[1].jpg
    P1010068%20%28Medium%29[1].jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 72

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hi everyone, i have a 2004 rx1.. When i drive through a wall of snow at the top of a hill or drift the odd time the engine sounds like it drops a cylinder and/or the engine boggs down.(with a metal,scraping noise)...i let off the throttle for a second then get back on it and its fine, does anyone have any idea what would cause this???? Also too, on full throttle on a groomed trail or at the top of a climb i get a vibration at my feet, and would top out at 125km/hr, would a bad belt cause this??all of this started after i had the carbs re-sync'ed at the dealer.. Thanks for your help. Marc...up-dated- noticed when putting away sled after the wekend that the throttle cable had too much free play and carbs would only open maybe 85%- which i think was the cause of my slow speeds. Any help would be great. Very fustrating since this was my 3rd time out and i just purchased the sled.....

i would personally take the sled back for proper readjusting and resyncing the carbs, as the throttle cable adjustment should have been part of the syncronization of the carbueretors.... You paid good money to get it done, and they should have done a "good" job for you. You also said this problem started after the dealer sync'd the carbs. Sounds like a sync problem, or adjustment of some type, or maybe vacuum hose off?????............just my 2 cents

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would agree with the carb sinc, also check if that model had the float bowl update, i know the 03 and some early 04 had an update where the put a larger bowl on the carbs as the unit would seem to run out of fuel on hills when steep enough also may explain the drift scenereo to, not sure on the grinding noise that could be drive chain or clutching maybe, or ice, check under your skid frame to make sure everythings where it should be - no unhooked or broken bolts on pivot arms etc....

Good luck:cool:

T

Top Bottom