RX1 mountain

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a used rx1 mountain, what do you guys think about them?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a strong back? I think the dry weight is in the neighborhood of about 1 000 000lbs

Smokey1

Reaction score
Ppl that don't own them will tell u it's junk. People that don't like being towed out of the bush will tell u they're great.

I've got an 05 that I love, but if you're looking for a true mtn sled look elsewhere as it's a heavy sled.

If it's an 03/04 watch out for jackshaft bearings, oil burning and terrible rear suspension. Also the carb bowls weren't deep enuf and they would cut out on steep hills.

Great sled for trails/fields/lakes, terrible sled for powder

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steering is very heavy on these. Under full power they aren't too bad but for boondocking you need lots of upper body strength.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one and loved it. Its def more of a screw around here sled. It was a tad heavy but it was fun in fields and ditches. I went with an xp and after riding it i dont think id try to take the rx to the mountains. Fun sled though.

ONETON

Reaction score
great sled, dependable. but way to heavey for the deep stuff. picked up a new xp to solve that problem. but if you have an extra $5000 for a turbo, go for it.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean RXton:beer: Even heavier than my Attak! I can't imagine how useless it would be in the pow.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one for 4 years loved it while I had it, did a lot of mods to it lighten it up an bunch and even after all of that it was still heavy. The Jack shaft bearing went out on mine, went to replace the battery in it and ended up walking out with a new M8 lol. All in all I had fun with the sled. :d This is what it looked like after all is said and done.

Attachments

• hayley's pictures 018.jpg
    hayley's pictures 018.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 176

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 heavy yes but I ride in the mountains and have been in alot of powder, will never be high guy on the hill but you will be the tow truck for all the other broken sleds. As for jackshaft bearing I had about 7000km before mine finally piled up. All in all a very comfortable sled to ride easy on fuel carb bottom should have been updated as updated one were a recall in 03.

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com
I guess it depends on how cheap it is, I ride an 03 RX1, its like wrestling a gorilla all day, it handles the trail nice, but boondocking in powder is a lot of work. When you get stuck you need 3 or 4 guys to help.

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i ended up buying it. I understand it will be heavy but i only ride the mountains once maybe twice a year. Will i need to jet or is there an altitude kit on these sleds?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are jetted for edmonton it is much the same altitude as GP and I ride in kakwa all the time you loose a little but it isn't as bad as a 2stroke for power loss. Just make sure you pull 10,700 at home and you should pull 10,200 to 10,500 in the mountains.

knocksum

Reaction score
Clutch, light weight suspension, light weight exhaust. Whole new sled. Blast to drive and very reliable. Gas mileage is great and no 2 stroke oil to purchase. I save money everytime I ride. Check out TY4Stroke.com lots of information there.

Top Bottom