RV water pump question

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have a 30' 5'er we take out with the quads in the spring and fall. I always end up dumping extra water before we hit the road home, but started thinking while I was winterizing it about hooking up my little Karcher pressure washer to knock off alot of the big mud clumps off the bike before hitting the road. The big question is can the RV pump put enough pressure into the pressure washer to make it worth while?
It would help lots of different ways, dump extra weight in the form of water, safer for vehicles travling behind the quad trailer, less mess to clean up at home on and on.
Anyone ever tried this? I know I can get the adapters to go from the trailers winter line drain to fit a regular hose, and with my genset, power is not an issue.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never tried it but comparing the difference in water pressure off the pump to the shore hose connection in mine I'd say it would be close. Probably not enough for a big pressure washer but it might feed a smaller electric one.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Works just fine. My Raptor has the garden hose outlet on the side of the trailer. I hook up the gas pressure washer..

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, works great...I have a 1500psi K'Archer 110volt pressure washer in my toyhauler. I rigged up a garden hose with the same fitting as the outside shower nozzle. That way I even have hot water to wash with.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! People will think the quads are only for show after a weekend in the mud!

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to use a little 1200 psi pressure washer hooked up to the out side shower .... worked perfect for what I wanted

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as it uses less than 4 gpm (2-3 is ideal) it will work. I have an 1800psi pressure washer from Walmart (the green ones they sell) and it works fine. Drains the water tank quick though as it is the 4 gpm one.
I tie into the hot/cold pump out hoses under the trailer. Outdoor shower works well also.
Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I scooped a 1600 psi coleman power bucket pressure washer from crappy tire on sale, it has a bucket that snaps on the top you can fill or an adapter that you can use to run a hose directly to the pressure washer if you don't want to use the bucket. I first used grey water to wash everything up, but have since rigged up an adapter that fits on my fresh water drain. gravity feeding out of the tank keeps up to the washer just fine.

Coleman Tools ? 1600PSI Power Bucket

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy we camp with has a 1" Honda trash pump stick a suction hose on the little creek beside where we camp and have 2 garden hoses to wash quads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I used a pressure washer for years and it worked great BUT I picked up a fire pump kit like the one in the link below and this baby absolutely rocks. You can wash a side by side in 3 minutes. You just need to be near a creek. They come on sale at PA a few times a yr for $300.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set this up a few weeks ago. Also pump from PA

aje9ygub.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a pressure washer for years and it worked great BUT I picked up a fire pump kit like the one in the link below and this baby absolutely rocks. You can wash a side by side in 3 minutes. You just need to be near a creek. They come on sale at PA a few times a yr for $300.
lol...go big or go home! I have a 2" pump but never thought of using a fire hose....think I might just rig that up for using here at home.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol...go big or go home! I have a 2" pump but never thought of using a fire hose....think I might just rig that up for using here at home.

Foresty hose is nice. Single jacket light weight. Easy to roll. If you get structural firefighting hose it's heavy and harder to roll. Would have to bring a rookie to roll it up.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gez guys its just for washing quads, not putting out forest fires!
I guess if it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!!! :d

Top Bottom