RV water filtration setup

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my water filtration setup in my 5th wheel. Current setup is 2.5 gpm and 30 micron filtration. I would like to at least double gpm, if not more. Filter down to lower micron would be an asset. Likely going to a double cartridge system I suppose. Preferably from a Canadian supplier, given the current exchange. What are you guys running?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To add: I want to hard mount this in the basement. Not interested in an outside setup.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out water group Canada and canature they are both out of Regina
i don't know if they sell to the public or not I work at Wolseley and we deal with them on our mechanical side

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I checked both websites out. Unfortunately, it appears they are commercial suppliers, not retail.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Have you thought about running a filtration system to feed into a storage tank, then run a high flow pump to supply the RV? Seems funny but an RO system i bought is actually for my aquarium, but if you run an RO system that would feed into a storage tank, with a float to trigger when to fill the tank, then you can get a lot cheaper pump to supply your taps, only problem with RO is the waste water it produces.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A cheap and easy way to up grade your water filter. Is head to any hardware and get a stock domestic/commercial water filter. They take a filter about 10" long and about 3" in diameter you can get filters from 1 to 50 microns flow rate is way over what is required in your RV. They are cheap and they are easy to maintain. The same filters are used in commercial and industrial closed circuit systems albeit these assembles are stainless steal and the ones you get from Home hardware are plastic. I use the plastic filter on river water on a sink/hot water tank in a seasonal camp ground for years. Should be in Home Hardware catalogue on line home.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A cheap and easy way to up grade your water filter. Is head to any hardware and get a stock domestic/commercial water filter. They take a filter about 10" long and about 3" in diameter you can get filters from 1 to 50 microns flow rate is way over what is required in your RV. They are cheap and they are easy to maintain. The same filters are used in commercial and industrial closed circuit systems albeit these assembles are stainless steal and the ones you get from Home hardware are plastic. I use the plastic filter on river water on a sink/hot water tank in a seasonal camp ground for years. Should be in Home Hardware catalogue on line home.
that's what is in mine, I'm not sure how many gpm it's good for but it only filters the water going thru the kitchen taps. quick and easy to replace

Top Bottom