RV Camping

Reaction score
I posted in another thread, but this seems more appropriate here.
I want to camp (truck camper/enclosed trailer) at a trail head for a few nights in December.
Either Blue River or Valemont area's are fine.
Is this possible?
We are novice (2 yrs) riders and would like an area recommendation that fits us.
Thanks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted in another thread, but this seems more appropriate here.
I want to camp (truck camper/enclosed trailer) at a trail head for a few nights in December.
Either Blue River or Valemont area's are fine.
Is this possible?
We are novice (2 yrs) riders and would like an area recommendation that fits us.
Thanks.
I would think it's okay to do in those areas, we camp in the staging area west of Chetwynd a few times a year as long as it doesn't get too cold at nights....-20 is our cutoff....the little camper heater has a tough time keeping up below that. The Renshaw area has a huge parking lot, you could check with BBtoys (Barry) here on S&M to see if it is allowable. The Valemount riding areas have a bit smaller parking lots, check with Depsnolvr (Curtis) for the Valemount area as he is with VARDA, I'm sure he can let you know if they allow camping in the staging areas. I'm not familiar with Blue River's riding spots, someone else may be able to chime in on that area?

Meant to inquire about this myself, just haven't had the opportunity to try camping in the Vale/McBride areas the last few years. Nothing like being first up the mountain every morning, especially after a fresh snowfall.....:beer:

Here's my winter camping rig....
pictures3854.jpg

gen set and satellite tv....crucial during the playoffs
pictures3882.jpg

cookstove....
pictures3880.jpg

entertainment....
pictures3881.jpg

antifreeze....:d
pictures3879.jpg

Reaction score
Nice set up.
See you have all bases covered on the entertainment centre.
I'm surprised that with all these new 4 season campers/trailers out there not more people do this.
Thanks for the input, I'll try to contact the people you suggested.
We are doing the Grande tour at Xmas this year. Valemont (pre Xmas) and Revy and Sicamous (post Xmas). Hopefully get two full days in each location. Looking forward to it.:d
Thanks again.
Doug

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is that Appletons on the floor there?...Like the set up!:d

Top Bottom