RV Batteries

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where the best price on Trojan deep cycles is?

Got 4 to buy right now if anyone else is looking it might be worthwhile to order as many as possible at the same time to get a better deal.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my Trojan 6 volts from the Battery Doctor in Edmonton about 5 years ago. I can't remember what I paid for them, but they were the best price I could find. I think there's one in Red Deer.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the guy at alternator starter experts is good, usually has what you need and likes to dicker on price, ask for secret cash price, no receipts. usually they can help you out. i'm not totally sure but the short chubby balding dude behind the counter may be jewish, not sure, but make him sweat for the sale. think his name is chuck or something to that effect.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine at Rocky's battery here in Edmonton,great guys to deal with. Not sure what I paid but they were at little better than anyone else I called.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure but i don't think the guy wants to travel from innisfail to edmonchuck if you know what i mean. kind of tough to save money with 400 km of travel, unless you are already making the trip.
i'd suggest that drd phone around, check prices and ask for the best price. give chuck a call in olds, just make him bleed a little, can't see a guy saving much even on four batteries buy going out side of red deer area.
get on the phone, you usually get what you pay for.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Company truck will travel. I put on lot's of miles so swinging through Edm. isn't a big deal.
The guy in Olds (seems like a nice guy btw) has Battery Direct batteries, no Trojans. Not a bad price at $138. Rocky's in Edmonton came in at $170 for Trojans, cheapest was in Lethbridge at $149 for the Trojans. Battery Doctor is $162. I've got 6 to buy now so a little more leverage. I can get the Interstates for a good deal also but I'm not sure how they stack up with the Trojans.
Anyone else want to get in on a group buy?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Company truck will travel. I put on lot's of miles so swinging through Edm. isn't a big deal.
The guy in Olds (seems like a nice guy btw) has Battery Direct batteries, no Trojans. Not a bad price at $138. Rocky's in Edmonton came in at $170 for Trojans, cheapest was in Lethbridge at $149 for the Trojans. Battery Doctor is $162. I've got 6 to buy now so a little more leverage. I can get the Interstates for a good deal also but I'm not sure how they stack up with the Trojans.
Anyone else want to get in on a group buy?

I bought my Trojans in '05. I have had zero problems or issues at all. I have run Interstates in my boat and other trailers, and personally would not waste my $$ on anything but Trojan.

motrhed

Reaction score
I used to sell Interstates for 20 yrs at the gas station and still use em myself due to great warrenty, never heard of Trojans?

X2, I've never heard of Trojan batteries (condoms maybe :rolleyes:)
I've got some Interstate 6 volts that are still performing well after 4 years.
What makes Trojan better??

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Trojans have a big following with the Golf cart/RV crow in the US. I'm not sure how much better or if they are better, than the Interstates. No one seems to bash them on the RV forums. One thing I like is they are made in the US and not offshore.
Trojan Battery Company

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one is posting specs with the prices? I would like to know what type of cells and reserve capacities the dollars quoted are buying.

Good post as I think this may be the last year for the current Ford Motorcraft golf cart batteries.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep trojans..get them from rocky's battery on the south side 2x6V..they work great

markiedog

Reaction score
Just bought two trojan T105 at Battery World in Edmonton.I was told that when connected in series they have about 470 minute reserve. I payed $170.00 each. Tried them out on the weekend they ran the furnace and lights for 2 nights and two days and still had enough power to start the genset.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The minutes of battery power depend on what your drawing and for how long...

The Trojan website says the T105 has 447minutes at 25a draw....pretty good specs for sure.

So if you're running an old tube TV...300watts at 12v (assuming your inverter is 100% efficient, which they're not) is 25 amps. You should not draw more than 50% of the batt capacity down is the guideline I've read...shortens lifespan a lot. So you could safely run that TV for 3.5 to 4 hrs with no problems.

Last edited:

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trojan T105's - can't beat em'.
You pay for what you get in this area. (MO)
Rocky's on the south side - best price I recall and good guys too!

Top Bottom