RV Air Conditioner -- Will not start

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 Tango 27' RV trailer with Air conditioner
Worked great last year
Plugged in to the Honda 3000eu Generator on Saturday and turned on the air conditioner and stalled the generator...
Did not trip the breaker in the trailer but stales the generator
This has never happened before

It is like the air conditioner compressor is under load and is in like "lock rotor" situation

Is there a pressure release valve on air conditioners

WHat do you think it can be???

Ya the warranty was up last fall...... of course....

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have nothing else on power until the ac has gotten going ... Mine did the same thing and I noticed my fridge was on auto so it went to power as soon as I started the geni

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And make sure your batteries are hooked up correctly...sounds stupid but have seen it before.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing this year. Moved generator closer so on 30 amp power and took all she had to get it going the first time all good after that generator was huffing and puffing for a good 30 seconds though

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of the US boys run these....

These work!
Could be a few things. If you tried to start it shortly after you shut it off this will happen. Usually wait 15min before trying to restart. Can also happen when using an extension cord or plugged into 15amp on genny. As mentioned before make sure water heater and fridge are on propane mode.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my hard start kit in and I can now start my ac with my 2800 Yamaha, I don't have to shut off my fridge, or turn on the fan before startup. This is a very cheap upgrade, Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve250f

Reaction score
Check the fan on ac unit on the roof mine seems to seize up every winter give it a spin an then it's fine the rest of the year

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ac stalls my Honda too if you have it on auto idle. Mine will run fine if I'm up already high idle

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave beat me to it....It is like a soft start on a pump it slowly winds it up rather than a big blast all at once

From the reading ive done before i had mine installed, it's not like a "soft start". It's more like a shot of nitrous to give the ac more juice to over come "locked rotor" on startup. Most AC units do not have a start capacitor, mine did not, others have a smaller capacitor that gets replaced with a larger one.
Even plugged in to the house I notice the ac starts so much smoother, and does not dim the trailer lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all it is basically is a storage of power for the initial start up of the compressor

Top Bottom