Rusty nuts

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the OP, for an honnest answer, try "neverseize" then toque them.
The threads do nothing for locking the lug nut into place, so neverseize can be used with no problem on the threads only. Its the lug nut TAPER that locks the nut on.

For the guy at KAL-Tire, he's full of BS.

If you torque them with any type of lubricant the torque values change

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess i should have known better then to ask for help here

Lol, I understand your frustration with the quality of the help provided to you on this thread. ...but you have to admit it's pretty funny shhtuff!
Rusted after 900km? That's pretty goofy. I'm thinking you either used some sort of acid wash on them or they are so cheap that the chrome chipped or flaked away when you were torqueing them on.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you torque them with any type of lubricant the torque values change
Yes they do but not substantialy. Approx. 10% but then tireman have a hard time with math.

Unless your installing wheels on a Macedees or BMW ect. vehicles that are generaly driven in nice weather. The difference of 10% by adding a neverseize ain't going to pull, strip or do anything to a wheel nut and stud. Torque the nuts to spec and all is good, it sure saves alot of head aches.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, I understand your frustration with the quality of the help provided to you on this thread. ...but you have to admit it's pretty funny shhtuff!
Rusted after 900km? That's pretty goofy. I'm thinking you either used some sort of acid wash on them or they are so cheap that the chrome chipped or flaked away when you were torqueing them on.

would it have anything to do with where his nutts where last?

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rusty nuts as well !!!!!! If your rusty nuts are like my rusty nuts then it is the out side of the nut you speak of that is rusty !!!! I know this is not recommended but i am going to buff the out side of my nuts and clear coat the hell out of them !!! If it works ill post pics of my nuts on here !!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rusty nuts as well !!!!!! If your rusty nuts are like my rusty nuts then it is the out side of the nut you speak of that is rusty !!!! I know this is not recommended but i am going to buff the out side of my nuts and clear coat the hell out of them !!! If it works ill post pics of my nuts on here !!

Haa ha ha ha haaa!! Thank you .. thank you for this post ^^^^ I'm laughing so hard!

amidst the twisted answers comes the truth man... Dry nuts are happy nuts.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Did you torque your nuts?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371762536050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371762536050.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom