Rumor about quad ban on may long?

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I heard a rumor at work that there is going to be a quad ban in Alberta for may long this year. Cuzz of the forest fires and dry condition. Just wondering if it's true or not?

Was going to go to outwest next weekend.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely a rumor, I just called the FYI FIRE line and there isn't even a province wide fire ban (YET). Just make sure you call 1-866-FYI-FIRE before you go out this weekend to see what kind of restrictions are in place in your area.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a fire ban in slave lake area. could be province widw shortly.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no its completly opposite, due to the extreme wet conditions in the west side of the province.

here:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called Athabasca County they have complete fireban, I'm headed to North Buck in particular and there is firebans around that area..they didn't say anythign about the ATV ban but the website says use ATV's with extreme caution and keep an eye on your exhaust to ensure they are clean and will not cause sparks...

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work for Alberta beach public works and we received a email from the county to follow there fire ban and post signs around the village so I am sure it has to be county wide. Can't speak for any other areas though :)

It's wet about 3" below the surface but all the grass and brush is very dry out this way.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do hope that everyone listens, with the recent fires around our province right now, i really don't want to have a repeat of the fires near my home like last year....

exercise fire safety practices including discarding smoking materials properly, using spark arresters on ATV’s and motorcycles......

they are recommending everyone to stop now and then and to make sure that there is no debris in your exhaust. as a lot of atvers and motorcylists do not know that they started a fire

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I AM Outwest right now and it's drier than a popcorn fart...don't care what you read...the dust in my throat from today says different. Be fawkin careful. Creeks are high and the skegs are dry.

ya maybe in that area but in the maclean, wiperious, ghost, indian graves area's south and west and a little north up to sundre area's are quite wet cause of the snow still left up there. was just out this weekend in the maclean area and in the bush there is still a foot of snow in many areas.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I AM Outwest right now and it's drier than a popcorn fart...don't care what you read...the dust in my throat from today says different. Be fawkin careful. Creeks are high and the skegs are dry.

ok good to know, all i have is the srd website to go by

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no its completly opposite, due to the extreme wet conditions in the west side of the province.

here:

If they are considering banning mud bogging here in Alberta they can go kiss my ass. I'm not stopping because some tree hugger can't afford a quad.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are considering banning mud bogging here in Alberta they can go kiss my ass. I'm not stopping because some tree hugger can't afford a quad.

i agree, even though i dont do into deeep mud

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Atta boy, you tell them tree huggers. and when they shut down quadding all together, we'll have you to thank.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh thats nice get it shut down for good, how do we get a hold of you when they do, so we can all kick your friggin azz. you are part of the problem become part of the solution grasshopper.:eek:

Top Bottom