Rubber seal for Intake

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and The square rubber seal on my intake where the hood attaches is coming apart at the bottom. Seems oil has saturated all the glue that holds it on. Is there a better rubber seal you can get from a 14 or something? Did they change that since the 12's, or is it the same? Or is it better to go with something aftermarket

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another question as well is if you install a cutler cold air intake is this other rubber seal still used or would it be replaced ?

geordiep

Reaction score
I have a 2012 and The square rubber seal on my intake where the hood attaches is coming apart at the bottom. Seems oil has saturated all the glue that holds it on. Is there a better rubber seal you can get from a 14 or something? Did they change that since the 12's, or is it the same? Or is it better to go with something aftermarket

I think the '13s come with a better/bigger seal. You can use some weather stripping and beef it up.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Speaking of that rubber seal, has anyone who's reading this post had to cut their airbox down after installing larger throttle bodies?
I upgraded mine to 50mm throttle bodies that came in my Bikeman 900 big bore kit and now my hood doesn't fit tightly.
There's about a 1/2" gap around where the airbox and hood fit together, right where that rubber seal fits.

Top Bottom