RT1000's

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up a nice RT from a really good guy up in Whitecourt. Looking to see what everyone else has done to there RT's as far as Mods. Been told this sled is quite the performer so Im going to leave it alone till I get to ride on the weekend of the 20th in Golden.

So lets see them if you got one.

Attachments

• 059[1].jpg
    059[1].jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 060[1].jpg
    060[1].jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 061[1].jpg
    061[1].jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 064[1].jpg
    064[1].jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 42

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled man, I just picked mine up about 2 months ago, can't wait to ride it! I have done nothing for mods, but probably will put running board reinforcements. It already has a pipe, can, and boondocker control box.
The only thing i'm wondering is, were do you tell the fuel level on these? I know my buddies 07 rev is has the ball thing right above the cap? But mine doesn't?

I'm really happy though, they are sure cheap and from my research they pull hard and the 06's had little for problems.

GetAttachment.jpg

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled! Looks like it has a few mods done to it already. After owning mine since new and 6000k,here are a few suggestions. Put uni-filter pods on. These can be installed inside the inner airbox. This is critical as the stock airbox alone will let in much dirt and belt debris which will end up inside the crankcase. Have the dealer check that the 07-mid-altitude program has been installed. This is the best running program for that machine. A clutch kit is also a big improvement. I recommend Dynamo-Joes kit. A floater for the secondary clutch will help extend the belt life. Available from Duck889[I think} on this site.A thermostat install is also a good idea as this will keep the engine temps constant.Run only premium gasoline. What year is your sled? The 05's have a couple different changes to be done in regards to cooling. If you need more info-just ask.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Put uni-filter pods on. These can be installed inside the inner airbox. This is critical as the stock airbox alone will let in much dirt and belt debris which will end up inside the crankcase.QUOTE]

YUP, I INSTALLED THE TIMBERSLEDS FRESH AIR KIT.... RUNS GOOD......ALSO HAVE THE DUCK SECONDARY FLOATER, AND DYNAMO JOE CLUTCH KIT AND DROPPED THE TOP GEAR 1 TOOTH AND WENT TO 15W CHAIN......STOCK 13W CHAIN ISN'T STRONG ENOUGH AND I'VE SEEN SEVERAL BLOWN CHAINCASES AS A RESULT OF THE 13W CHAIN BREAKING!

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its an 05'. Has the rear cooler delete done already. Was told the fron cooler has cracked so it just runs the mid cooler now. Was told it is fine till spring riding when there may not be enough snow to keep it cool. Thinking about adding a second set of scratchers to help.

Stock pipe has been ceramic coated and a specialty sleds can put on.

Motor went around 2000km and was replaced with the 07'.

Roller secondary. 10" riser. Lots of venting. Seems to run well but most things do in the shop or the trailer. Going to get it out on the 21st in Golden and see what its like. Sounds like alot of people know the sled and say good things about it.

Going to put pods on this coming weekend I think. Mountain Magic just did my brothers and it looks like it would get good air flow. Going to put on the K&N filters with pre filters.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled man, I just picked mine up about 2 months ago, can't wait to ride it! I have done nothing for mods, but probably will put running board reinforcements. It already has a pipe, can, and boondocker control box.
The only thing i'm wondering is, were do you tell the fuel level on these? I know my buddies 07 rev is has the ball thing right above the cap? But mine doesn't?

I'm really happy though, they are sure cheap and from my research they pull hard and the 06's had little for problems.

GetAttachment.jpg

Did you pick that sled up in Medicine Hat? If you did you beat me to it. I was looking at it for awhile but I had to wait for my Assault to sell. For the price they were asking it was a good deal.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up a nice RT from a really good guy up in Whitecourt. Looking to see what everyone else has done to there RT's as far as Mods. Been told this sled is quite the performer so Im going to leave it alone till I get to ride on the weekend of the 20th in Golden.

Metalfusion thats the nicest RT iv seen, real good find man

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you pick that sled up in Medicine Hat? If you did you beat me to it. I was looking at it for awhile but I had to wait for my Assault to sell. For the price they were asking it was a good deal.

He was from there yes, but I met him in Calgary. Yes I got it for $5,000 it is a very nice sled. He was a great guy to deal with, the sled has been taken care of very well for sure. To many others wanted a fortune for their 1000, it was a hard choice whether to buy a 800 or 1000 but I think the 1000 has to be the better choice. I don't think I will be disappointed coming from a tank of a 04 king cat. And this sled wasn't much more money.

Think the only thing i'm going to do is the mentioned pods, and running board stiffiners.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats one kick ass sled. Lets see some pics of it preforming

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same sled with a clutch kit, can, boondocker, exhaust temps, I am going for the timbersled intake to cut down the belt dust. You will be happy with the sled I know I am, This sled rocks mine is called Gazoo shiny black with yellow accents looks sharp. Mine builds almost twice the speed of an 800 in a short pull and in deep powder it just will not stop. I was told to keep an eye on RAVES, fuel pressure, chain and temp(I still have the coolers in) too cold. Repair in the next day or so.:):beer::):beer:

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my RT. Little bigger sled to through around but the power is fun. Just make sure you have some friends around in case you get stuck.

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 36
  • P3090729.jpg
    P3090729.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 37
  • PB170002.jpg
    PB170002.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 36

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
Here we go, bought this 2 months ago made a lot of changes cannot wait to get it out in the deep stuff.
2006 Rt 1000 162"x 2.5 x16"
Simmons Gen 1 Ski's
Team Secondary Clutch
Dual Screen Digitron
Boondocker Box
Mountain Magic Handle Bars 4" rise
Powermadd Bar riser 6"
Ski doo Low windshield
Boss Seat
Mountain Magic Big Wheel Kit
Mountain Magic Tunnel Stiffeners (not installed yet)
K&N POD's with Pre Filters
Crankshop Twins and Silencer
Custom Screen Kit and Vents by Mountain Magic
Tunnel polished by Ian "Boydo"

And a "TURBO TOW STRAP"

Attachments

• new sled rt1000 015.jpg
    new sled rt1000 015.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 44
  • new sled rt1000 016.jpg
    new sled rt1000 016.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 44
  • new sled rt1000 012.jpg
    new sled rt1000 012.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 40
  • new sled rt1000 011.jpg
    new sled rt1000 011.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 39

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sleds..... I'll post some up of mine with a few more mods, but have to wait until rknight gets his yammie turbo out of my garage!!!:(
at

that sled still isnt outa there!!!! well i guess he was at the show in calgary. ill come up on the weekend and hammer that thing back together so we can go for a ride on sunday!!!:beer:

Top Bottom