RT1000 or Rev 800

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad seems to like his 1000 06 rt with a 07 Engine.

Summitric also happens to be a big guy, he is even thinking about putting a 174 on instead of a 162. If your a smaller guy i would pick the 800, i ride an 04 800 rev and i like it, But I'm not heavy (155 pounds) So i cant control the 1000, See'ing as your 300 pounds, My vote's for the 1000.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 2006X RT1000 162" today $5000. Don't think I will be dissappointed when the snow flies! Absolutely every problem the 06's had has been corrected on the sled, and it is in flawless condition. I don't even have to do anything, they just had it serviced from the chaincase oil, to cleaning the clutches :beer:

Just need to find a tarp for it and a jerry can. Spent it's whole life in an enlosed trailer so it's in really nice shape.

Bring on the snow, cannot wait to see how bad this thing will embrass my buddies M8, he talks a lot of crap about skidoo! :d
GetAttachment.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
picked up a 2006x rt1000 162" today $5000. Don't think i will be dissappointed when the snow flies! Absolutely every problem the 06's had has been corrected on the sled, and it is in flawless condition. I don't even have to do anything, they just had it serviced from the chaincase oil, to cleaning the clutches :beer:

Just need to find a tarp for it and a jerry can. Spent it's whole life in an enlosed trailer so it's in really nice shape.

Bring on the snow, cannot wait to see how bad this thing will embrass my buddies m8, he talks a lot of crap about skidoo! :d
getattachment.jpg

nice sled....... You're gonna love it!!! You might want to get slider savers, and put running board supports on it!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran an 2005Rt for 4000km before needing a rope tied to a ski. (crank bearing failed two miles from home) The sled did have the original issues of the 05's, and never really got all those bugs dealt with 100%. 2006's were to be alot better. Sled was in the top three of my most fun and abused sleds. It always turned heads every trip on how it pulled and how tough the skid was. I would recommend motor overhaul at 3000-3500km for reliability issues and enjoy it from there. I weighed 150-160lbs and had no issues. That price was great!:cool:

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 RT1000 with a 151 track it has a can for the sound. I love the sled I am 265lb and ride it hard as much as I can. My buddies that have 800's all want to ride the big dog because it rocks. I have no problems with mine I have spent the time to keep it up I have all the dealer updates on the computer it stomps all the 800's I ride with. I have owned both and love the 1000. If I had to decide again it would be the 1000.

mac22

Reaction score
I ride a RT and love it, I wouldnt want any less, I havent had any problems with it at all ,and a couple small mods perks it right up. Sure it is more heavy than the 800 but put a big handel bar riser on it makes a huge diff for the handeling of the sled. I wouldnt want it if I was much less than 200lbs though. as the old saying goes there is no replacement for displacement

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From lifting the front and rear end to compare it sure doesn't seem that bad. The front is for sure a bit heavier then a rev, but the extra power more then makes up for it.

My plans are a higher bar riser, probably running board stiffeners and hopefully a boss seat, because I need something for sled storage. Just depends on funds. Going to see what's on for deals at the snow show.

Really highly considering throwing my indash dvd/navi unit from my truck up for sale for extra sled funds :d

What are slider savers?

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are slider savers?:confused:

Well, I call them scratchers,
they spray hard pack snow and Ice when they Scratch.
There are diff types out, Iike this type.

Here is how they Look out
and when there lefted in (not being used).

Attachments

• DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00755.JPG
    DSC00755.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are slider savers?:confused:

Well, I call them scrachers,
they spray hard pack snow and Ice when they Scrach.
There are diff types out, Iike this type.

Here is how they Look out
and when there lefted in (not being used).

Ah ok thanks, I knew what scratchers are but never heard them called slider savers.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 2006X RT1000 162" today $5000. Don't think I will be dissappointed when the snow flies! Absolutely every problem the 06's had has been corrected on the sled, and it is in flawless condition. I don't even have to do anything, they just had it serviced from the chaincase oil, to cleaning the clutches :beer:

Bring on the snow, cannot wait to see how bad this thing will embrass my buddies M8, he talks a lot of crap about skidoo! :d
GetAttachment.jpg

Very nice, see you on the hills.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice, see you on the hills.

Just can't wait to get out and put some miles on it. Should hook up for more riding this year, maybe this time I won't get stuck so much :p Buddies are already saying they don't want to go before christmas, I can't wait that long, so lame :nono:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I just cannot decide. A 800 rev 159 or a 1000 162? I am really leaning towards the 1000 for more power. And they are priced MUCH better. I know 06 is a lot better year for them and am looking at that.

I know the 1000 is about 90lbs heavier, but I am about 300 myself so weight has never been a huge deal to me :p

I probably would pull the trigger on a good 07 with a 159" but they are all just crazy priced, and I really want to keep it under $5,500. I can EASILY buy a nice 06 1000 162" for that with under 1500 miles, but a rev with a 159 has to be a 04 with like 2500 miles atleast.

I know the 1000's had a bit of problems but everyone says when they are setup they rip and the revs are nothing compared to them.

Help me decide :beer:

I have an 06 800 151 and my riding buddy has a the 1000. I have rode his many times and found with the 1000, if you don't have the height of Shaq and the reach of Mahamaed Ali, it is difficult to manouver. Don't get me wrong it pulls like a raped ape but I am just too small to push the thing around. Maybe a little too fat to!
He has had problems with the bottom end of his sled but did see over 3000km on the motor before this happened.
His son has the 08 Cat 1000 and I found that it is a lot easier to turn for the vertically challenged riders.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya Cyle. I had the 05 RT & loved it. Sure it had some fuel management issues at the start, but it flat out ripped when it was dialed in. I couldn't leave chit alone & had it BB to 1100. It was then too finicky & temporamental. It eventually chit the bed & had to go back to stock block & sell it. It was great for climbing & pulling up out of stuck spots when you were close to buried. Just not the best sled in my opinion for technical riding.......don't get me wrong, I loved it, but just had to drag my sorry azz into the hottub everynight after yanking over on the beast all day. I could ride it just fine, but a TAD heavy is all I'm sayin' ;) I had ridden with KK's before who rode my RT that loved the way it handled.
NOt trash talking at all, but now I've gone to a Nytro & it handles & feels 100lbs lighter. Just my :twocents:

good luck & have fun stompin' on the 8's man :d:beer:

RN

Top Bottom